Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Penfriends for my 11 year old daughter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/penfriends-my-11-year-old-daughter-t32960.html)

aussie croydon 01-02-2010 04:46 PM

My 11 year old daughter Jennelle would love a penfriend. She has always wanted a penfriend and I thought that maybe someone else may have a child they know who would like to write to her by mail. I know kids don't do this often now as there is email but there is nothing better than recieving mail in the post.
Jennelle is 11 turning 12 in November. She is in Grade 5 in primary school this year. Her interests are sewing, drawing, loves animals and also loves reading and music.
So if you know anyone, that would be great.
Cheers Jackie and Jennelle

amma 01-02-2010 05:01 PM

It is exciting to get an honest to goodness handwritten letter :D:D:D I hope that she finds her penpal soon!!!

Ninnie 01-02-2010 05:25 PM

I have an 15 yr old grand son who is great!!! If you don't think he is too old, of if a boy is alright, then I will be glad to ask him'.
I think this is a great idea!! Children don't know how to write letters anymore.

NorBanaquilts 01-02-2010 05:27 PM

I have a 12 year old nephew, he has a few pen pals. Is it okay for me to give him your address?

sharon b 01-02-2010 05:38 PM

I remember when I was that age... I had a penpal from London. It was such fun to get the letters and then write back :lol: I am glad to see some still enjoy, good old fashion letter writing

quilter1962 01-02-2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by aussie croydon
My 11 year old daughter Jennelle would love a penfriend. She has always wanted a penfriend and I thought that maybe someone else may have a child they know who would like to write to her by mail. I know kids don't do this often now as there is email but there is nothing better than recieving mail in the post.
Jennelle is 11 turning 12 in November. She is in Grade 5 in primary school this year. Her interests are sewing, drawing, loves animals and also loves reading and music.
So if you know anyone, that would be great.
Cheers Jackie and Jennelle

Hello Jackie

I can certainly ask around for you I made friends with a German girl when we were 14 & here we are almost 34 yrs on still in touch & I am godmother to her daughter who is almost 20. We have so many memories to share together it brings tears to my eyes.
Here's hoping I can find your daughter a penpal. Keep your fingers crossed for me Jackie.

Tisha

aussie croydon 01-02-2010 06:33 PM

Thanks Tisha
Thanks would be great
Cheers Jackie

barnbum 01-02-2010 06:48 PM

I have a classroom of 24 5th graders and I'm sure a few would love a penfriend!! I'll ask them on Monday!! :lol:

aussie croydon 01-02-2010 06:53 PM

Thanks that would be great
cheers jackie

Leota 01-02-2010 09:34 PM

My Granddaughter is 11 in February... I will ask her if she'd like to be a pen pal to your daughter.