Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   People are inspiring (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/people-inspiring-t29308.html)

cminor 11-25-2009 12:21 PM

I am pretty new to the board and very new to quilting. I started a post about which magazine I should subscribe to thinking it would be a good Christmas gift for me from our daughter. As it turns out Marth Jo sent me a message mentioning that she had some magazines I could have and she would send them to me if I would like.

I got the box today and it literally brought a tear to my eye. To have people in the world we live in today still do something for a complete stranger for no reason at all other than to be nice is truly inspiring.

I have seen posts before about you wonderful people helping others out with fabric etc. but to be on the receiving end of something like this makes it that much more special.

I use my mothers sewing machine, the fabric I received from a very crafty aunt that is glad to have someone interested in quilitng, and now these great magazines. I have just that much more to be thankful for this holiday season.

Its great to be reminded that there are still good people out there . .

Happy Thanksgiving!

tigger5464 11-25-2009 12:30 PM

Wow!!!! Lucky you! Cant wait to see pics of what you make. Have fun!!

soniboo 11-25-2009 12:44 PM

cminor, I agree there are a lot of good people. It's wonderful that you were able to benefit from other's generosity! Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving.

Elisabrat 11-25-2009 12:50 PM

Today a good friend called and said someone had given her a HUGE box of quilting fabric and she was thinking I might want to pick through it before she offers it up for grabs on freecycle. OH YES I DO THANK YOU! What a thoughtful offer out of the clear blue sky. YIPPEEE. A week ago a kind man Iknow who speaks spanish and little english and I were "chatting"(in my hand & foot spanglish) I mentioned pine cones to him and well he brought me a huge box so proud of himself.. of fuyu persimmons. I of course said thank you! What a sweet gesture and that was even better than the pine cones.

Darlene 11-25-2009 02:53 PM

These wonderful happenings are called RAOK's or Random Acts of Kindness. Americans are like that and a lot of non Americans too. If you saw Rachael Ray today she is a wonderful giver.

amma 11-25-2009 03:16 PM

:D :D :D Yes, there are many generous souls on this board :D :D :D and in every day life too!!! :D :D :D

littlehud 11-25-2009 06:42 PM

Rachel Rays show brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am.

earthwalker 11-25-2009 07:50 PM

Yes, I believe "random acts of kindness", "paying it forward", and finding one small joy in each day make life so much better for everyone.

kd124 11-30-2009 10:20 PM

Wonderful gift. There really are many wonderful people on this board who are more than willing to help others out. This is one of the reasons I enjoy this board so much--the great people.

cminor 01-31-2010 11:13 AM

I started this thread a while ago - amazed at how nice people can be for no reason other than to be nice. Again today I was lucky enought to have a message in my box from someone offering some fabric for my "Stash". Last week I stared my thread talking about having to finally "Start my stash" and next thing I know I am hit with the random act of kindness once agian. . . . this is such a great board, and I am extremly happy and lucky to be a part of it.