Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The perfect scissor stash box (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/perfect-scissor-stash-box-t314437.html)

Chasing Hawk 02-23-2021 10:28 PM

The perfect scissor stash box

1 Attachment(s)
Gotta keep those scissors out of the hands of mean paper and cardboard cutting people. It can also be used to keep the candy stash safe too.....

I spied this in the ER today. My husband fell on the ice in the driveway and fractured his wrist. I have to call the Orthopedic Doctor in the morning. He will need surgery to fix the fracture.

Julienm1 02-24-2021 03:25 AM

Sorry about your husband. "Interesting" container for supplies.

Sidebar...I was in the DR office and she needed supplies from locked cabinet but didn't have a key! Aide came in and SHE had the key. So I said...who has the higher degree and the key for supplies? Both laughed and DR said SHE, meaning aide, does but I can write prescriptions!
Behind locked doors were PAPER PRODUCTS'!!!

grannie cheechee 02-24-2021 06:09 AM

Sorry to hear about your husband's accident. If younger I could have used the safe. LOL

Tartan 02-24-2021 06:22 AM

Sorry your husband had a bad fall. Hope he can get it taken care of quickly! Cabinet looks good but I would lose the key.

juliasb 02-24-2021 07:27 AM

Sorry about your DH and his fall. I hope he mends quickly. Now for the perfect scissor keeper that one is perfect!

Chasing Hawk 02-24-2021 08:20 AM

Thank you all for the warm wishes I will pass them along. He slept in the living room on the sofa that reclines. I propped up his arm with pillows before I went to bed at 1:30 am. He was up when I came out of the bedroom at 7 am. I have to call the Orthopedic Doctor today and set up an appointment to find out when surgery will take place.

QuiltE 02-24-2021 09:45 AM

ChasingHawk ... so sorry about your Humpty Dumpty moment and do hope that all goes well with surgery and recovery. Should be able to use a keypad doorlock on something you already have. I can think of other things to lock away! Might be a good project for him .... to ponder and make plans for it, as he recovers!

Tartan ... No reason to lose the key. Though you would have yet another pin# to remember!

sewingsuz 02-24-2021 12:09 PM

I am so sorry for your Husband's fall. I hope the surgery goes well and heals fast!

Jordan 02-25-2021 05:25 AM

So sorry about your husband's fall and hope he gets to have surgery soon. I just know I would lose the key if I had to lock up my scissors :)

Rhonda K 02-25-2021 07:59 AM

Sorry about your DH and his fall.

I have considered using one of those tool carts in the sewing room for supplies and a cutting table. They make a lot of sense for the sewing room. They come in pretty colors so you can match the room decor.