Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pet Peeves (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pet-peeves-t46726.html)

Holice 05-22-2010 08:25 AM

What are your "pet peeves" when reading the posts and attempting to answer.

sewcrafty 05-22-2010 08:32 AM

Not replacing the toilet paper when its gone.

Finding dirty socks on the floor.

Mostly, the dishwasher is 2 ft from the sink, please tell me why dirty dishes can't be put in there.

Moonpi 05-22-2010 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Holice
What are your "pet peeves" when reading the posts and attempting to answer.

People who are not clear about what they are asking for, "Help me find this pattern I saw somewhere, sometime. It was Pink and pretty" Do they really expect serious replies?

My other pet peeve is misleading subject lines, leading me to believe they need help, then finding a picture of grandkids or something.

amma 05-22-2010 08:47 AM

A pet peeve of mine is when I get an email regarding a post I created or marked "watch," the email states that it has been responded to. I go to the topic only to find a one word response. Some days I could get 20+ of these, because someone is going back through older posts. It then takes 30+ minutes of my time to go and check these to see if someone had a question about my topic, or has added additional info into some one else's. I have been marking "watch" to some posts for 3 years, so there are a lot of them out there. Commenting "very pretty" Or "nice quilt" or "thank you for this information" is one thing... but the other one word responses really were not necessary, did not add anything to the topic and go against the board's rules.
I finally had to disabled the email notification function to unclog my inbox, and I know I am missing out answering questions on my own topics, or learning more from other members.

seamstome 05-22-2010 08:54 AM

HEck I didnt even know you could get email notifications.

This is a nice sight because you can access what page you want, etc. Much better than many others I have been on.

I basically have no pet peeves.

amma 05-22-2010 09:02 AM

If you click on your Profile at the top of the page, you can click on boxes there to notify you by email of PM's or board topics. :D:D:D

***If you accidentally click on spam in your email account instead of deleting these notifications before/after you read them, it can stop ALL notifications coming from here and I think it will also stop the newsletters. Some have a hard time getting that reversed, so be careful :wink:*****

Lneal 05-22-2010 09:57 AM

A pet peeve of mine is when people posting to a thread go completely way off the topic. Another one is misspelled words.

CAROLJ 05-22-2010 09:59 AM

No spell check, I'm a terrible speller and a worse typist, and I hate looking like I'm in the 1st grade when I post. :oops:

isnthatodd 05-22-2010 10:01 AM

I agree about going way off topic. All you would have to do is start a new thread.

sewcrafty 05-22-2010 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Not replacing the toilet paper when its gone.

Finding dirty socks on the floor.

Mostly, the dishwasher is 2 ft from the sink, please tell me why dirty dishes can't be put in there.

Guess I didn't read it all, sorry!!!! When I saw pet peeves I automatically thought of those!! :lol: :lol: Sooo sorry!! :oops:

Here's one, people not fully reading the topic line!!!