Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pets-ten-commandments-t109879.html)

MissM 03-22-2011 05:50 PM

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.
Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.
~Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!

Ramona Byrd 03-22-2011 05:55 PM

My eyes are leaking..I can easily travel back many years and remember each one I took to the vet for that last ride. One of the worst was dear old Kurt, he raised his head and licked my chin, looked at me again, sighed and laid down his head for the last time.

CarrieAnne 03-22-2011 06:36 PM

Aw, Ramona, me too! My Sugar seems like yesterday, and it was almost 3 years ago.

SherriB 03-22-2011 06:41 PM

Our sweet kitty died almost 2 years ago. It was hard to lose her but she was not alone. She was a confidante to our oldest DD. Heather cried many tears on that sweet calico fur.

I love all our pets and take a lot of comfort from thier unconditional love. I hope our new puppy soon learns just how much he is already loved.

lalaland 03-22-2011 08:28 PM

It was a family affair when it was obvious it was Jack's time, he was 15. His partner, Floppy, my avatar,is now 18 and still perkin' right along. My DH and I find ourselves having to plan around her but she has given us nothing by unconditional love and deserves all the patience and care she needs.

earthwalker 03-22-2011 08:30 PM

I cry everytime I read this....I would be lost without my animal companions...each one of them is special. When I married for the second time...my youngest stepson asked me why I had conversations with all the furred and feathered occupants of our home, then I realised, not everyone thinks the same about them....some 15 years later and half the world away...he now talks to them via Skype...

wolfkitty 03-22-2011 09:18 PM

This is so wonderful! I do thank God daily for my furbaby. They are such wonderful friends!