Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Photo Sofware? What do you use? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/photo-sofware-what-do-you-use-t279176.html)

Needles 06-03-2016 03:48 AM

I have a 32gb flash drive, that's where I've put all my photos over the last few years, just plug it in and can see any photo I want. Have folders in it and all our family and friends have their own folders. Can access them by just plugging in the drive. Am scanning all my printed photographs too, believe me, I have many years to work with but love doing it.

AZ Jane 06-03-2016 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Needles (Post 7567111)
I have a 32gb flash drive, that's where I've put all my photos over the last few years, just plug it in and can see any photo I want. Have folders in it and all our family and friends have their own folders. Can access them by just plugging in the drive. Am scanning all my printed photographs too, believe me, I have many years to work with but love doing it.

I am also scanning in old pictures. I have a portable scanner I always carry to family reunions and am slowly scanning in their pictures too!! Especially any of my parents others may have that I do not!!

Chasing Hawk 06-03-2016 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 7566712)
Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Right now I save photos when I download them on my computer and cannot find them. They used to go straight to Picasa. I am taking my computer in to get cleaned up so maybe he can help tell me where my photos are. I am using Windows 8.1 and it has been working fine until I ran into problems with Google. Yuk.

I do need to buckle down and learn how to work with flash drives. I guess it is partly a matter of learning to trust them. lol

New technology: I have a love/hate relationship with.

A friend yesterday told me about iMemories, so I might look into that. Again, thank you for your help. It is so nice to count on my QB friends!

You should have a folder with the name of your computer on it. The one on my laptop says......"this" pc" inside that folder should be on labeled "my pictures" that is usually where they are stored. I had just moved all my photos to my extra hard drive installed on my computer. The extra hard drive is for storage, the main hard drive has my operating system on it.

Right now, my desktop pc is at the computer store. I accidentally clicked a box and a whole bunch of things disappeared off my desktop. Try as I might I couldn't find where they went to. The folders are still on my computer, but I couldn't get them to go back " home"....lol And also for some reason Firefox didn't want to work properly after that either. So while they have it, I am getting two new fans put in to cool off the two video cards I have installed.

romanojg 06-05-2016 05:17 AM

You don't need a program, just save it to a folder either on your desktop or in my documents in the picture folders. You can create and rename folders as you like and its easy to print too. You can print any size, one pic, a page of pictures etc.