Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Physical Today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/physical-today-t117491.html)

MommaDorian 04-20-2011 06:10 AM

I'm so excited, NOT!!! I really don't like getting a physical! I know it's a necessary evil, but I don't wanna go.

Grama Lehr 04-20-2011 06:12 AM

Hmmmm! :roll: I wonder how many people like going to the doctors office? I had a really HANDSOME one, and I sure didn't mind taking the kids in to see him. :oops:

sueisallaboutquilts 04-20-2011 06:20 AM

I hate going. I love my doctor but my mind gets carried away with all the possible things that could be wrong lol :D:D
He laughs at me b/c he knows how neurotic I am. He's a great guy (and a smart one lol) !! :D:D
I ALWAYS go in nervous and leave relaxed and usually laughing at my own neurotic behavior :mrgreen:

MommaDorian 04-20-2011 06:22 AM

That's another reason why I hate to go. I'm been SO tired lately. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I could easily go back to sleep. I hate wondering why I am always so sleepy. I'm afraid to ask. ::sigh::

frauhahn 04-20-2011 06:24 AM

Good luck!

sueisallaboutquilts 04-20-2011 06:24 AM

MommaD, I am my own worst enemy! But I can't seem to help it !!!

sueisallaboutquilts 04-20-2011 06:27 AM

Being serious here, you should let them know that you're always tired, how long it's been, any changes in your life lately etc.
It could be anything but you should put it out there.

Grinster 04-20-2011 06:32 AM

Well, maybe I can make you feel better. This afternoon I am having shoulder surgery. I fell in Jan and finally couldn't take the pain any longer and saw my doctor, had and MRI, saw the Orthopedic Surgeon and my date with him is today! Enjoy your physical. Oh, I am supposed to have a physical next week. I may reschedule that.....

What is going to hurt the most? Not being able to quilt. The last thing I have to do before I go is to put my machine and quilting table away. Boo hoo.

Lisanne 04-20-2011 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
That's another reason why I hate to go. I'm been SO tired lately. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I could easily go back to sleep. I hate wondering why I am always so sleepy. I'm afraid to ask. ::sigh::

This isn't one of those symptoms where you have to think the worst. It could be sleep apnea, especially if you're very overweight, or it could be an iron or vitamin deficiency, where you'd simply take a vitamin every day. Really, no need to panic with this one. You will need to let the doctor know about it and give a blood sample, though.

Meanwhile, make sure you're drinking enough water, as that can help you perk up, just like a plant does after being watered.

MommaDorian 04-20-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Grinster
Well, maybe I can make you feel better. This afternoon I am having shoulder surgery. I fell in Jan and finally couldn't take the pain any longer and saw my doctor, had and MRI, saw the Orthopedic Surgeon and my date with him is today! Enjoy your physical. Oh, I am supposed to have a physical next week. I may reschedule that.....

Prayers that your surgery goes well! How long will the recovery be?