Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pickleball (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pickleball-t279410.html)

DonnaPBradshaw 06-08-2016 07:05 AM

Pickleball

My husband and I have been playing pickleball for the last year, it is so addicting! I thought quilting would take up all my time when I retired, not so! Playing pickleball is an activity that keeps me active and helps me forget my stresses! It's similar to tennis but not as intense and really a great game for older people. If you google it you will see how fun it can be!

ManiacQuilter2 06-08-2016 12:44 PM

Never heard of it before. Who wins the most ??? I enjoyed playing tennis in college. The coaches wanted me to play in the advance, but I stayed in the intermediate because it is more fun to win! :)

DonnaPBradshaw 06-08-2016 03:08 PM

I would love to tell you about pickleball!

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7572179)
Never heard of it before. Who wins the most ??? I enjoyed playing tennis in college. The coaches wanted me to play in the advance, but I stayed in the intermediate because it is more fun to win! :)

Pickleball is played on a court 1/3 the size of a tennis court, the paddle is bigger than a ping pong paddle, the ball is a whiffle ball with holes in it. You have a net shorter than tennis and the rules help prevent any slams at the net. This game is for any age but older players like it especially if you liked tennis. If you google pickleball you will see how fun the game can be! Check it out! It's the fastest growing sport in the US!

tessagin 06-08-2016 03:14 PM

Like oversized ping pong and undersized tennis. Ok. My knees couldn't handle it.

DonnaPBradshaw 06-08-2016 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7572300)
Like oversized ping pong and undersized tennis. Ok. My knees couldn't handle it.

Well, could you play if you wore knee wraps? just wondering. Google it and see what you think!

Jo Anne B. 06-09-2016 09:50 AM

I love Tennis, I love net. "Net Monster" is my nickname. I will definitely have to look into this. Thanks for the intro! JB

QuiltingVagabond 06-09-2016 10:02 AM

This is all the rage with some of our RVing friends. We have not tried it yet.

Jannie 06-09-2016 07:34 PM

Our city is looking for a park to put in pickleball courts. The park they are talking about the neighbors think it will bring in to much traffic and Sounds like an interesting game. I will have to look into it if we get a court.

DonnaPBradshaw 06-09-2016 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jannie (Post 7573364)
Our city is looking for a park to put in pickleball courts. The park they are talking about the neighbors think it will bring in to much traffic and Sounds like an interesting game. I will have to look into it if we get a court.

One of the parks was having trouble with drugs and such. As soon as pickleball courts were put in and adult players came to play the drug problem was solved!

DonnaPBradshaw 06-09-2016 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jo Anne B. (Post 7572994)
I love Tennis, I love net. "Net Monster" is my nickname. I will definitely have to look into this. Thanks for the intro! JB

If you liked tennis you will love pickleball! please youtube pickleball and check it out!