Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   plastic sacks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/plastic-sacks-t121575.html)

Bobbielinks 05-08-2011 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
Emergency bathing suit, in case you leave your regular suit at home! :mrgreen:

(Just kidding! ;) )

That's Oh my gosh funny!

Julianna 05-08-2011 05:18 PM

Years ago my school requested either plain white or full color bags. They cut them in strips, had the kids tie them to a wire hanger rounded into a wreath with hook at the top. Takes plenty to make it full and pretty. The white ones were lightly sprayed with glitter and red ribbons put on for Christmas and the yellow ones, or pink or green for Easter or springtime.

pab58 05-08-2011 05:22 PM

Make crocheted tote bags or beach bags!!! You can find the directions online! My aunt has made several of them! :D

joyce888 05-09-2011 05:37 AM

I use them in the bottom of large planters to take up space and not add any weight to the pot. First twist them up into a ball and fill up a bag with them to contain. I use them as stuffing for our Halloween creatures costumes that we put outside - again using the above containment method. I also use them in hanging basket planters that have the coconut fiber liners. They help hold more water with just a couple of holes in the bottom for drainage. They help keep the coconut liners cleaner so they can be used longer than one season.

IBQUILTIN 05-09-2011 11:32 AM

My daughter crochets with "Plarn" which is yard she makes of strips from plastic bags. She makes all kinds of stuff from them that is really neat. Try to google Plarn

sammy89 05-09-2011 01:53 PM

I use mine for the dirty catlitter I dopple pack its nice and clean

luce321 05-09-2011 05:18 PM

I use mine for lining wastebaskets and for any garbage that is wet. I only put dry waste paper in my plastic gbe can in the kitchen.

JACRN 05-09-2011 08:49 PM

My husband buys these burlap bags you can get at feed stores and stuffs them full with the plastic bags and uses them for targets to practice with his bow and arrows.

b.zang 05-09-2011 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by JACRN
My husband buys these burlap bags you can get at feed stores and stuffs them full with the plastic bags and uses them for targets to practice with his bow and arrows.

ROFL
I was reading my way through these posts thinking "my idea is original", but there you are!!!
My husband does exactly the same thing, although he doesn't use burlap, but the plasticky-type of feed bags. Stuffs 'em good and tight, too.

Our stores are using fewer and fewer bags. Many places now charge a nickle for a bag. I have a pile of my own re-usable bags and am getting pretty good at not forgetting.

JACRN 05-09-2011 09:28 PM

It's the plasticky ones he uses instead of burlap also.