Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Playing Hookie from CHURCH (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/playing-hookie-church-t146711.html)

AllStitchedUp 08-21-2011 06:59 AM

Pssst, don't tell!

I couldn't wait to get on this board this morning. I've rushed and got all the dishes and this and that picked up hubby fed and our "4-legged Kids" 3 Westies taken care of.

Off for some great fun for me now!

I'll go to church this evening :oops:
Thank you all for all your Great Welcomes as well!

RenaB 08-21-2011 07:05 AM

That's okay every once in while. After all, no matter where we are, the spirit is right there with us.

sixfootroad 08-21-2011 07:11 AM

We all bail out on church from time to time! It's like everything else ~ "too much of a good thing" ~ you know! Yeah, I'm not there either today, and I don't have any good excuse, I just didn't want to go. A little peace and quiet at home is a good "healer" for me sometimes. Have a great day!

mizkyp 08-21-2011 07:16 AM

Eons ago while taking classes to be married in the Catholic Church, the priest told us that God is everywhere. Especially in the peace and quiet surrounding you.

ragqueen03 08-21-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by sixfootroad
We all bail out on church from time to time! It's like everything else ~ "too much of a good thing" ~ you know! Yeah, I'm not there either today, and I don't have any good excuse, I just didn't want to go. A little peace and quiet at home is a good "healer" for me sometimes. Have a great day!

Same here! First Sunday Hubby has had off in months! Guess where he is - sleeping! Got up this morning with intention of going to church but it was storming so back to bed i went. Hope I am forgiven!

auntpiggylpn 08-21-2011 07:27 AM

Ok, it's obvious now; you are HOOKED!!!!

auntpiggylpn 08-21-2011 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by mizkyp
Eons ago while taking classes to be married in the Catholic Church, the priest told us that God is everywhere. Especially in the peace and quiet surrounding you.

Thank you for reminding everyone of this

sunflower126 08-21-2011 07:51 AM

It must be the Sunday to play hookie. We slept in too. Although I truly slept through my alarm-no surprise there-hubby too needed a day of rest. Has a several stressful weeks at work. Last week we were up at 6 a.m. every morning. We had a priest one time tell us that it was o.k to miss mass on occasion. Have a good Sunday everyone.

auntpiggylpn 08-21-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by sunflower126
It must be the Sunday to play hookie. We slept in too. Although I truly slept through my alarm-no surprise there-hubby too needed a day of rest. Has a several stressful weeks at work. Last week we were up at 6 a.m. every morning. We had a priest one time tell us that it was o.k to miss mass on occasion. Have a good Sunday everyone.

Looks like you got permission from one of God's right hand man!!!

ragqueen03 08-21-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by mizkyp

Thank you for reminding everyone of this

I agree - I have always thought that God doesn't keep an attendance card for church but he does look at how you lead your life! Years ago there was one woman who sat in the very first row at church - i think she did it thinking God would see her first and forget about all she did. And she did some things let me tell you!