Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Please help me calm down ... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/please-help-me-calm-down-t50380.html)

Rhonda 06-19-2010 02:41 PM

after you get your driveway clear of other's vehicles can you block your drive with bikes or something so noone can pull in but you? We used to do that when we lived in town. There is an annual Old Threshers and people would park in your parking or your yard without asking. I would take some stakes and run a chain or rope across your drive. Put no parking out there where people see it.

So sorry people are so rude at a time when you are suffering the loss of your friend. But this too shall pass. Hold on and it will be over soon!

Chele 06-19-2010 03:00 PM

Awww. I feel for you. It must be so hard to see your friend's stuff sold like that. I bet the new owners will enjoy those items as much as your friend did. Everything is finding a good home, so take comfort in that.

As for the parking situation, yikes! It will be over soon, but the estate sale company should really be more considerate and professional. Some signs would have been nice.

lovequilts 06-19-2010 03:06 PM

Hugs and positive thought for you. It's a lose for you also. Look at all the support you have here.

no1jan 06-19-2010 03:06 PM

I think Charlee said it all.

I know this is a difficult time for you. At least you'll always have the memories of your friend and in the mean time you have all of us to help you through this!

{{{HUGS}}}
It's better to come on here and vent then confronting someone out there. At least you know we are here to help!

RedGarnet222 06-19-2010 04:09 PM

I think that I just know now she will never be back. The memorial isn't until july 10th, so I will be trying to get a grip before then.

sewgull 06-19-2010 04:37 PM

Call a tow truck. You don't have to deal with your driveway being blocked. Emergency vehicles have to get thur if needed, the police should help. Peop;e cna't just use your driveway with your permission.
Sorry about the loss of your friend.

dsb38327 06-19-2010 04:39 PM

Can you get your vehicle on the outer side of the ones blocking your drive? BLOCK THEM IN. Then call the police.
Enough would be enough.

raptureready 06-19-2010 05:04 PM

Call the police and let them handle this inconsiderate person.

I'm truly sorry about the loss of your friend. I lost my best friend to cancer last November so I know it's rough.

I'm also one of those people that carry armloads out of estate sales. Although it hurts to see her things go (it's like losing them all over again and it makes their passing so final) please know that the people buying them really want them so they're going to be taken care of. I bought my high school English teacher's Featherweight and I can tell you, it's cherished probably more than when she had it. I also bought some vintage hankies from one of my mom and dad's neighbors and they too will be cherished in a butterfly quilt.

thequilteddove 06-19-2010 05:08 PM

A little more on the 'peaceful side', you can block your driveway w/your trash barrels. A bit of a pain, but effective.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-19-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Call the police and let them handle this inconsiderate person.

I'm truly sorry about the loss of your friend. I lost my best friend to cancer last November so I know it's rough.

I'm also one of those people that carry armloads out of estate sales. Although it hurts to see her things go (it's like losing them all over again and it makes their passing so final) please know that the people buying them really want them so they're going to be taken care of. I bought my high school English teacher's Featherweight and I can tell you, it's cherished probably more than when she had it. I also bought some vintage hankies from one of my mom and dad's neighbors and they too will be cherished in a butterfly quilt.

I really like this post. You shed a different light on it. Hope this helps, RedGarnet!! And hugs to you for losing your dear friend :(