Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Please help me, I'm making this up as I go, pictures included (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/please-help-me-im-making-up-i-go-pictures-included-t156234.html)

bernie 09-27-2011 09:19 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Please give me your imput. This is how I was thinking of doing it.

The size of these (banners) are aprox 20x28. They are for my DIL's pre-school class room.

My idea is to make something from fabric, almost like a quilt or stiffened with interfacing, we will call it the pannel. It will be aprox 30"x38". 5" larger all around. There will be 3 large buttons across the top about 3" down from the top. The ribbon loops will be used to hang the smaller banner from the buttons.

I might put a dowel rod through the top for stiffness. Thought about making a pocket on the back of the pannel to hold the extra banners, but now I'm thinking if I add 3 buttons on the back of the pannel they can be stored there. As to not wrinkle.

Perhaps a row of pockets across the bottom, the childrens names can then be placed on a piece of paper on a popcicle stick and inserted in the pockets, their names can be cut out like an apple, house, turkey, etc.

I was thinking to add 3 loops to the pannel to be hung by tacks or hooks on the wall.

I want it to be interactive, but can't think of anything other than the Birthday Cupcake, I have made 3 candles, the child with the birthday that day,week,or month, can place the candle on the cupcake top. I have sewn a pocket at the bottom of the cupcake to hold the extra candles. Just incase more than 1 birthday.

The cupcake and school house are like a patchwork and the others are simply "wonder under-ed". No sew kind.

The banners are reversable. Something different on each side

:arrow: Do you have any suggestions? :idea:

Easter and Thanksgiving
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263154[/ATTACH]

Halloween
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263155[/ATTACH]

School Days and Birthdays the school house really isn't wonky just bad photographer, me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263156[/ATTACH]

close up of ribbon loop
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263157[/ATTACH]

ribbon loops and buttons/pockets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263158[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 09-27-2011 09:22 AM

FUN!!

What about ....
Christmas?
St. Patrick's Day?
... and any other USA Stat Holidays?

Velcro might be worth considerations.

Glassquilt 09-27-2011 09:51 AM

Welcome (new kid)
Good bye (moving away)
Team won
School play or concert

bernie 09-27-2011 09:55 AM

I have Christmas, but not St. Pat. day thanks

Originally Posted by QuiltE
FUN!!

What about ....
Christmas?
St. Patrick's Day?
... and any other USA Stat Holidays?

Velcro might be worth considerations.

bernie 09-27-2011 09:57 AM

Good ideas. Good bye makes me think of schools out for the summer, maybe I'll do a picnic.

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
Welcome (new kid)
Good bye (moving away)
Team won
School play or concert

QuiltE 09-27-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
Welcome (new kid)
Good bye (moving away)
Team won
School play or concert

... and could have inserts for the name(s) of the new/moving child

Weather related?? ....
*rain coats, rubber boots, and rain drops
*snowmen

With this being pre-school, most everything is a learning opportunity, so how about one for each of the seasons?

Your might want to do a separate quilt-calendar, that changes each month, along with days of the week to switch daily, plus numbers to for each day.

bkb 09-27-2011 10:18 AM

What about the school months, or arithmetic, reading books, or alphabet and numbers?

QuiltE 09-27-2011 10:40 AM

* Mother's Day
* Father's Day
(If it's recognized at the school ... I know some do not, anymore)

TanyaL 09-27-2011 10:59 AM

Presidents' Day. Martin Luther King Day, Veteran's Day, Columbus Day, Arbor Day