Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Please Let Me Explain.....hahahaha (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/please-let-me-explain-hahahaha-t123256.html)

Ditter43 05-15-2011 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh boy!! Ken just told me he had posted on the board this morning. I thought I might have to do damage control! :lol:
Here's the real story...
I don't know what caused it, but I had a nightmare! In the dream I was in the back of an open pick up truck with a much younger woman and there was a woman driving the truck. It was getting dark and we were driving across some open pasture like terrain. We were being bounced around a lot.
Then suddenly there was this huge bear chasing us. It came along my side and was swiping at me. I was trying to hit it with something and it grabbed my shirt and I started screaming........."Help me!!! Help me!!!
As it turns out I really was screaming and woke up DH. The only indication the dream was real was the taste in my mouth....(you know the saying)
I am surprised I was able to go back to sleep easily. I went on to have other crazy dreams, but I guess my screams scared the bear away for the night!! Whew!!!
As to my DH....We do laugh a lot together, sometimes at each other and often at ourselves!!! :D :D :D

amandasgramma 05-15-2011 10:57 AM

ROL.....that was good. My girlfriend had a dream one time that someone was on her back deck. She didn't want to yell at them to get off so she thought if she barked like a dog she'd scare them off. She started barking. Unfortunately, her face was within inches of her husband's face and he had a RUDE awakening. ROL!!! Glad you're okay Ditter!

craftybear 05-15-2011 10:57 AM

dreams can be so funny sometimes and scary also

thanks for your story, rofl

LoriEl 05-15-2011 10:57 AM

We figured it out-although not in that much detail I'm sure!

Rhonda 05-15-2011 10:59 AM

My mom had a dream one time that she was trying to park a semi or 18 wheeler in a garbage can! LOL

Dreams can be so much fun!

virtualbernie 05-15-2011 11:12 AM

Now I have two of you to make my day! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Murphy 05-15-2011 11:17 AM

No damage control needed! Gave me a good laugh and the one about a friend pretending to be a barking dog put me over the edge and am rolling on the floor laughing. This is an incredibly healthy place to be.

Jim's Gem 05-15-2011 11:21 AM

LOL!!!

I have done that. Usually my DH will catch me before I actually scream cause I get real agitated and it wakes him up. However I have a couple of times belted out a blood curdling scream and scared him half to death. We laugh about that. Latest was only a week ago.

cjomomma 05-15-2011 11:40 AM

I've been waiting for your response. Now smack him upside his head for me. I really thought something had happened to you just by the title he put up there. My heart sank and then I was laughing.

Kas 05-15-2011 11:49 AM

Oooh! I have had dreams like that. I have screamed in my sleep and also hit my DH! Hard! Poor guy! Once my dad had a dream that my mom and the neighbor sat down and ate all of Daddy's grape jelly. He woke up mad at them both and stayed that way for two whole days even though the jelly was still there and intact! Silly.