Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Plumbing problems (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/plumbing-problems-t20014.html)

BellaBoo 05-12-2009 06:03 AM

What a mess. Washer overflowed and that started the nightmare. The drain line that some genius put under the concrete foundation may be collapsed. So before the kitchen floor is jackhammerd to pieces we have to be sure. $1200 later, the leak detector company pinpointed the leak. Yep under the kitchen floor. So now a construction crew will come, then the plumber, then a concrete crew and then a floor installer. I get new a new floor out of all this. And homeowners will not cover the cost of repairing leaks, only the damage a leak causes. So we get the cost of new closet carpet and pad that the over flowed washer water ran into. Which is less then our deductible. So a good ten grand will be spent repairing one pipe leak. Check your insurance policy! Our agent said no insurance policy will cover the cost of repairing a leak. ?

tlrnhi 05-12-2009 06:13 AM

OMG! That's horrible!

Mplsgirl 05-12-2009 06:17 AM

I'm so sorry! What a mess!

Shemjo 05-12-2009 07:54 AM

I am so sorry to hear of your disaster! Insurance sounds like a good idea until you want to collect! I think it gives us a false sense of security!

My sisters sewer drain collapsed under her driveway! What a mess. Then found out it had been "leaking" or backed up so she had major damage to the main beam under the house! $$$$$$ She has the house leveled up now and no more creaks when she walks across the room! But what a job! And insurance didn't cover that either! And she is in AR also! :?

gcathie 05-12-2009 08:00 AM

Sometimes I wonder why have insurance...seems like it don't cover any of the things it should.....what you would need insurance for for heaven sake........Hope all will be okay ........:-)

sewjoyce 05-12-2009 09:00 AM

OMG -- how awful!!! I feel for you!! (Go hide in your sewing room :roll: :roll: )

BellaBoo 05-12-2009 10:05 AM

I won't be staying here while the work is going on. I'd be in a miserable mood living with the mess. Hubby can call me when it's all finished.

Ninnie 05-12-2009 10:39 AM

so sorry, what a horrible mess. Insurance is a rip off!

BellaBoo 05-12-2009 11:39 AM

Our agent had ME call the insurance company (Farmer's Insurance Group) and make the claim so the adjuster could call us. What is the agent good for then? DH talked to the adjuster and was told no it would not be covered, not even the damage to the floor and foundation by removing it to replace the line. We have used the same insurance company for the last 30 years. Not one claim on our homeowners. We will be looking for the cheapest coverage we can find, forget the down home always available agent nonsense.

Mplsgirl 05-12-2009 11:57 AM

God, it just keeps getting worse. Stomp on that agent. I totaled a car in winter in Mpls and he came and picked me up and drove me home. Our agent here in Illinois is good too. 30 years? You need some service.