Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Political Ads on the Quilt Board! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/political-ads-quilt-board-t72710.html)

MistyMarie 10-27-2010 06:43 PM

I was just looking at a post and across the top was a stupid political ad. They are EVERYWHERE! It is no wonder so many people say, "Forget you!" by the time they have to vote because they are fed up with the bombardment of solicitations for their vote.

Not ONE ad has made any difference in how I voted.

sharon b 10-27-2010 06:45 PM

None here but I use Mozilla Firefox :thumbup:

MistyMarie 10-27-2010 06:45 PM

Really? I think I might be switching. I am sick of them. I didn't know Mozilla blocks them.

burnsk 10-27-2010 06:47 PM

Not only the ads but the constant 'canned' messages that come to the phone. They got smart - if it's a recorded message then you can't tell the caller to remove you from their call list. Arggghhhhhh.

Sadiemae 10-27-2010 06:49 PM

I think if there are political ads you are supposed to pm admin and tell them exactly what the ad is.

redkimba 10-27-2010 06:51 PM

I use Mozilla Firefox, but I still see a couple here. Just report it to Admin.

There's a previous thread about this.

bearisgray 10-27-2010 06:52 PM

I made a copy of the page, and then sent it to Admin.

He will try to block the ones he knows about.

MistyMarie 10-27-2010 06:55 PM

I think they are the ones that are automatically generated. No member posts them. The one I saw tonight was for a local race, so I know they have to be using my information to know what ads to place.

I agree with the phone ones! Annoying. My husband had to fax some papers and was interrupted three times because of those political calls.

On a slightly different note... I am getting to where I don't want to create new threads anymore because I don't have time to read all the threads and in all honesty, don't mean to post something someone else has posted already. I apologize for having done so.

bearisgray 10-27-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I think they are the ones that are automatically generated. No member posts them. The one I saw tonight was for a local race, so I know they have to be using my information to know what ads to place.

I agree with the phone ones! Annoying. My husband had to fax some papers and was interrupted three times because of those political calls.

On a slightly different note... I am getting to where I don't want to create new threads anymore because I don't have time to read all the threads and in all honesty, don't mean to post something someone else has posted already. I apologize for having done so.

It's okay if you do - many topics have been run many many times. It's new to the person asking - sort of like the first time one has a baby - it's been done before - but it's a new experience to the person asking.

lovequilts 10-27-2010 07:02 PM

I've gotten so my "auto" generated voice messages left on my machine. I don't answer any more. Not until the elections are over. Grrrrrrrrr