Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Poll for Star...Mare Stare (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/poll-star-mare-stare-t21697.html)

beachlady 06-23-2009 06:31 AM

I am probably in, but still thinking of a date and time.

Lacelady 06-23-2009 06:47 AM

Because I am thick, and haven't taken part in a poll before, everyone who predicts will send in 4 fat quarters? And the winner with the nearest time to actual foaling (after the event) gets all the fat quarters? I like the sound of that.

k3n 06-23-2009 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Because I am thick, and haven't taken part in a poll before, everyone who predicts will send in 4 fat quarters? And the winner with the nearest time to actual foaling (after the event) gets all the fat quarters? I like the sound of that.

Yup that's it - and the more of us in the more fats the winner gets! :D

omak 06-23-2009 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
ok, since most of you are wanting to see what the rest of us are doing, I predict :

JULY 8th at 6:57pm!

I have been calculating this for some time now and I can assure you that it is an educated guess!

I am in for JULY 6, 8:47 pm EST ....
Y'all can just send it all to me ... cuz this is an anniversary of sorts ... it wasn't so lucky the first time (go figure! It started in Elko, Nevada no less!) which should absolutely cinch it for this! LOL

Joan 06-23-2009 08:13 AM

Since we had "such" issues with Patches, the reining Prima Donna
of the barn, I want a little more information before I put my guess in
the hat.

Kay, when did Star foal the last time? How many days? Was she
early or late? What time of the day? How many times has she
foaled? (like does she foal during the day or late at night, etc.

(Terri--This isn't stressful but it is fun to me anyway.I don't think
anyone is stressin')

omak 06-23-2009 08:17 AM

One thing we have learned <g>
She'll come when she comes!
If she ain't here when the sun comes up, she will be there in the morning.
She'll becoming round the mountain when she comes ...
We can handle it! <g>

tlrnhi 06-23-2009 08:19 AM

Joan....Kay said that Star went pretty much on time and foaled during the day last year. That was pretty much ALL the info she gave.

This is what Kay says......Since we never got to watch Star on cam last year (she foaled without warning during the day) this way we can get to know how she acts in the stall and what is her normal

That's pretty much ALL the info she has on this mare. So, make your prediction from that. And as Omak says....she'll foal when she foals.

billswife99 06-23-2009 08:20 AM

Can newbies join in this poll?

tlrnhi 06-23-2009 08:21 AM

Anyone can join as long as they are willing to sacrifice 4 fat quarters.

k3n 06-23-2009 08:24 AM

Joan you're so scientific! I'm impressed! LOL