Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The Poodleskirt Project (for Musical Festival) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/poodleskirt-project-musical-festival-t120142.html)

babyboomerquilter 05-02-2011 07:55 AM

Really cute pattern!

lheartsl 05-02-2011 07:55 AM

GREAT JOB!!! would love to see the finish project...

(yea I don't know if I could have answered the question that you asked your daughter and her friend! ) :)

fabric whisperer 05-02-2011 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
so here is the stitching... I'll get a group shot of all the skirts when done with everything... and we'll try and get a group shot of the dancer, because they are all underage, and not all my kids, I have to be careful ;) safety issues first.

I had stitched the normal way first, and undid it on my sampler... it looked way better to do it backward like this, the unsmooth boo-boo's don't show quite as bad as "innies" do

I am using bright contrasting colors, 1/2 my doggies are black/black sparkle so one is red, one is yellow, one is green, etc for the threads
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192256[/ATTACH]

pennyswings1 05-04-2011 01:52 PM

Gee that came out so cute. Love the quilting stitches around the appliques and the rinestone for the eye. Just adorable. Thanks for the update.

cmagee84 05-04-2011 01:53 PM

Adorable! I love poodles. My first child was a poodle! :)

fabric whisperer 05-09-2011 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yukky pic, sorry, this one is from my phone... but this was tonite as we were off to dress rehearsal. Total of 20 ~ I made 11 (teacher added one at the 11th hour), and then I touched up the original 9 so the dogs were stitched and secured.

Better pics on other camera, I'm just too whipped to get the cord out, so more pics tomorrow :) The dogs don't have a white patch, that is the girls' name tag so its easier to dress 20 bodies tomorrow night during all the preshow mayhem

fabric whisperer 05-10-2011 02:34 PM

7 Attachment(s)
ok, here are better pics from dress rehearsal last night... sorry, its hard to get pics because these girls move fast. Even the guys were happy that we jazzed up their shirts with a little sparkle, and a little rag of sparkle to hang out of their back pocket, too. This will be a TV appearance, BTW ~ this dance segment will air on our local cable station numerous times daily for the next 4 months :)

here's our group getting last minute instruction from the choir teacher & dance choreographer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195456[/ATTACH]

toward the end of the routine, the guys in the front scoot the girls under their legs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195461[/ATTACH]

and voila!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195462[/ATTACH]

np3 05-10-2011 02:57 PM

Girls are adorable. Now you can figure out something else for the guys!

debbieumphress 05-10-2011 04:18 PM

I thinbk the guys look like they toughies in the poodle skirt days too. Great job by everyone. SO fun. COngrats.

Shemjo 05-10-2011 06:52 PM

Cute pictures. Lots of work in the poodle skirts, but it looks like it was/is worth it!