Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pop-ups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pop-ups-t31616.html)

GailG 12-15-2009 07:54 AM

I'm pretty ignorant to the particulars of the computer, but since the new format, I have noticed things like advertisements, etc. popping up between the posts on the board. A while ago I had one addressed "to all singles." I'm not interested in all that stuff. I don't mind if it's something related to quilting, such as patterns, classes, etc. but to have someone trying to get me interested in a singles group is way out of line. And I don't want their wares either. Is it my computer or is it with the board? It seems that it comes right between the lines of the posts.

sharon b 12-15-2009 08:03 AM

Most of us have noticed a woman stalking us! She is laying on her side and is advertising a "weird" secret to lose weight

marsye 12-15-2009 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Most of us have noticed a woman stalking us! She is laying on her side and is advertising a "weird" secret to lose weight

Yeah that fat blow up girl is very annoying! She looks like me! :P

Bevanger 12-15-2009 08:48 AM

i get that anoying lady too

bearisgray 12-15-2009 08:52 AM

I haven't seen her for a while - since it's been mentioned, I've been watching for her

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 12-15-2009 09:07 AM

And she always shows up when I'm eating!!!!!!!!!!

Shemjo 12-15-2009 09:16 AM

She hasn't been here today, but there is another one, with snow!
This is a free forum for us, and it has to be paid for somehow, that is my guess.

amma 12-15-2009 10:57 AM

The old board had the same pop ups, only they were not in color, nor did they have animation...I believe that is why we notice these so much more.
The ads on the old board could be rather odd and strange too, depending on the key words that the advertisement generator picked up on...

Yep...the stalking, bikini clad lady has been rather elusive the last few days :roll: :lol: :roll:

I ignore them for the most part because "they are" paying for the board :wink:

Lisanne 12-15-2009 11:04 AM

If you don't want the pop ups and you have Internet Explorer 7 or above, click on your browser's Tools menu and select Turn on Pop Up Blocker.

This may affect your ability to use features of other websites, but of course you can always turn it off when you need to. For example, some websites use pop-up windows for logons or detail screens.

jljack 12-15-2009 11:10 AM

Yes, it is indeed your computer settings, not the Board. I can't imagine Admin allowing that bikini clad dopey looking ad.