Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Popcorn Won't Pop In New Microwave (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/popcorn-wont-pop-new-microwave-t53013.html)

marsye 07-05-2010 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have used one of these microwave poppers for years and I love it! Our microwave recently went out and we bought a new one. Now the new microwave won't pop the popcorn in my popper. The wattage is the same as the last one. It pops the bag micowave popcorn just fine but I don't like it near as well as the popcorn popped in the popper. Any ideas?

craftybear 07-05-2010 03:11 PM

I have no idea, can you contact the manufacturer of the microwave

Quilter7x 07-05-2010 03:12 PM

There should be some info in the book that came with the microwave.

Will you share the popcorn when you figure it out - please! :D

nativetexan 07-05-2010 03:13 PM

try calling or looking online for their site and more info.

raptureready 07-05-2010 03:14 PM

Marsye I guess I'm just old fashioned but I like my popcorn popped on the stove. I have the old gallon sized pan with the crank on the handle. It pops almost every kernel of cheap popcorn (no Orville R. here) so I guess I'm no help at all. LOL

marsye 07-05-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Marsye I guess I'm just old fashioned but I like my popcorn popped on the stove. I have the old gallon sized pan with the crank on the handle. It pops almost every kernel of cheap popcorn (no Orville R. here) so I guess I'm no help at all. LOL

Thats how I used to pop it until one day I tried this popper and its so much better, very tender! I use cheap popcorn in it. OR cost too much and I can't tell any difference. :thumbup:

marsye 07-05-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x

NO!!! I'll share my fabric but get your hands out of my bowl of popcorn!!! :lol:

momymom 07-05-2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

NO!!! I'll share my fabric but get your hands out of my bowl of popcorn!!! :lol:

Marsye, I used to have a popper like that. Isn't there a small disk in the bottom of it? It has to be replaced sometimes doesn't it?? Could that be the problem?

marsye 07-05-2010 04:48 PM

Marsye, I used to have a popper like that. Isn't there a small disk in the bottom of it? It has to be replaced sometimes doesn't it?? Could that be the problem?
Yes it does but I put in a new one. :cry:

luv-e 07-05-2010 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by momymom

Originally Posted by marsye

I have the same popper and you can get the disk's @ Ace Hardware Store if that helps you. They might have to order them for you.