Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Possibly moving back to Oregon! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/possibly-moving-back-oregon-t128406.html)

I wonder 06-06-2011 04:48 AM

It's amazing how your life takes unexpected turns and then there is a new plan for retirement! Won't be happening until next year sometime, but I had looking at homes in the LaPine Oregon area on line, just browsing and couldn't believe what value you could get compared to the area in Washington state we were retiring too. Just happen to mention it to my daughter and her sweetheart and his partner have two properties they will be selling in the next couple of months. We could have either one if we are interested for far less than we had planned to buy! We are waiting on pictures for now, and we will be driving back the end of the month for a visual! We lived in the Willamette Valley area in Oregon for 22 years and it feels like we are moving home, or at least closer. Far less hectic than our crazy life in Chicago-land! My husband is nervous about carrying two mortgages for awhile, but we can't afford not to take advantage of this sweet deal! Here is hoping this all works out! We are so excited!

blueangel 06-06-2011 05:13 AM

Hope your plans work out for you.

Annaquilts 06-06-2011 05:27 AM

Willamette Valley has its own unique mild climate. We used to live there. Besure that you are ok with the climate where you are planning to relocate in Oregon. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity and blessing that it is cheaper then you had been looking at. I hope it all works out for you. Oregon is beautiful.

MrsM 06-06-2011 09:41 AM

I hope all works out for you both!

I wonder 06-06-2011 10:17 AM

Thank you all! Looking forward to our trip!

Dotha 06-06-2011 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by I wonder
It's amazing how your life takes unexpected turns and then there is a new plan for retirement! Won't be happening until next year sometime, but I had looking at homes in the LaPine Oregon area on line, just browsing and couldn't believe what value you could get compared to the area in Washington state we were retiring too. Just happen to mention it to my daughter and her sweetheart and his partner have two properties they will be selling in the next couple of months. We could have either one if we are interested for far less than we had planned to buy! We are waiting on pictures for now, and we will be driving back the end of the month for a visual! We lived in the Willamette Valley area in Oregon for 22 years and it feels like we are moving home, or at least closer. Far less hectic than our crazy life in Chicago-land! My husband is nervous about carrying two mortgages for awhile, but we can't afford not to take advantage of this sweet deal! Here is hoping this all works out! We are so excited!

I am sure you know about the climate in LaPine. It is beautiful but it can be very snowy in the winter (which can begin early and stay late into spring). Nice area and not too far from Bend so that is some good shopping, hospitals, doctors etc.

Dotha 06-06-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by I wonder

I am sure you know about the climate in LaPine. It is beautiful but it can be very snowy in the winter (which can begin early and stay late into spring). Nice area and not too far from Bend so that is some good shopping, hospitals, doctors etc.

Painiacs 06-06-2011 10:50 AM

Good luck!!

Kitsie 06-06-2011 11:32 AM

I love the PNW. When we bought the farm - literally, we found the price a WHOLE bunch cheaper just 14 miles over the border about Vancouver, WA

I wonder 06-06-2011 11:50 AM

Oh, I sure do know about the weather in the area, but I think I can handle anything after living in Chicago-land for the past nine years! LOL