Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Post Christmas Laundry (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/post-christmas-laundry-t210052.html)

PaperPrincess 01-04-2013 08:56 AM

Post Christmas Laundry

I am finally doing my laundry from the post Christmas season, separating the items by color:
Whites, darks, lights and reds. I have a whole load of reds! Shirts, socks, towels...

nativetexan 01-04-2013 12:53 PM

get out the color catchers!!!

Sheila_H 01-04-2013 01:29 PM

I feel your pain I'm now on load 4 of just dark colors and we were only gone a week!

Jan in VA 01-04-2013 05:42 PM

Yep. I was here at home for the month and still had a whole load of red; amazing!!:o

Jan in VA

2manyhobbies 01-05-2013 10:02 AM

I had a mountain load of laundry after Christmas. I didn't even want to look, but the underwear drawers started looking very empty. So I focused. It's amazing how fast the work gets done and the drawers for drawers get re-filled when it quiets down.

sewnsewer2 01-05-2013 12:18 PM

LOL, I'm doing mine tomorrow. I am putting away all my Christmas stuff today.

sewdamncute 01-05-2013 07:47 PM

I'm trying to figure out where ours all came from! Looks like everyone wore 3 outfits a day!

Iraxy 01-06-2013 06:20 AM

I had loads of laundry too. Where did it come from? I also had my DD and DGD here and no laundry was done except theirs so they could go home with clean clothes and no laundry chore. This was a good thing since once they got there they had to prepare for snow which was coming on Thursday. Great holiday, don't mind the work because I have my special memories to go over in my mind.

BellaBoo 01-06-2013 10:04 AM

Goodness! I do two loads a day, white and dark, and it's just me and DH. I discovered if I do two very small loads of clothes everyday I never have laundry piled up and just two outfits to hang and fold, not a big basket full. I go for easy. LOL I do towels on Wed and bed linens on Sunday.

Bibliogirl 01-06-2013 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 5761621)
I am finally doing my laundry from the post Christmas season, separating the items by color:
Whites, darks, lights and reds. I have a whole load of reds! Shirts, socks, towels...

I had 9 people visiting us for a week at Christmas. Still working on the bed linen laundry, then will get to the million towels (you know, of course, teenagers have shower and wash their hair every day, if not twice!). I always store away all these linens and towels (there are just DH and me usually) and tuck in some lavender that I grow, then I will wash them all again before the next visit. Everything has to be fresh for visitors. I love to iron all the vintage embroidered or lacy pillowcases I have collected and use for guests. Some of my friends think there is something wrong with me.

When I washed all the red towels for the first time I added vinegar to the wash water. They don't bleed any more, but I do wash them with dark colors, not white.