Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Posted on facebook (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/posted-facebook-t77088.html)

pieces 11-18-2010 05:49 AM

Put your feet up, get something warm to drink, and a
good book. Cuddle under a quilt and spend a relaxing day.
You deserve it! :thumbup:

quiltingfan 11-18-2010 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by pieces
Put your feet up, get something warm to drink, and a
good book. Cuddle under a quilt and spend a relaxing day.
You desserve it! :thumbup:

I prefer me and a quilt at the moment. Need to finish a "quilt for Kids" and get it in the mail. and my table runner and mug rug.. We shall see how much gets done. I will be happy with the little quilt and the table runner top. Thanks everyone. I love you guys....

quilter1950 11-18-2010 05:57 AM

We quilters are in a world of our own!

leatheflea 11-18-2010 06:02 AM

For the most part I dont have any quilting buddiess either. Recently a friend has decided she wants to make a quilt. So its nice to finally have someone. My aunt quilts but I rarely get to see or talk to her. Seen her last week at a funeral. She told me that when she passes I get everything in her sewing room because like me she knows no one else that sews. I wished she and I lived a little closer. Its about an hour drive for me. If I want to feel a "part" of a group I take a trip to a local fabric shop or here.

nursie76 11-18-2010 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire

Originally Posted by Tinabodina
I understand - I just want a day off from everything except sewing.

Me, too.............

Ditto :thumbup:

sueisallaboutquilts 11-18-2010 06:18 AM

I hear you loud and clear!!! Even my own sister doesn't get it and we are very close. However, she knows the joy I get and that makes her happy. She's a shopper and I'm a sewer.

A couple of days ago I wasn't here and my son needed to sew something so he called my sis and was SHOCKED to find out she didn't have a sewing machine LOL

I think my boys think every household has one :D

joan_quilts 11-18-2010 06:37 AM

I get it! Isn't this an awesome place to go when nobody else understands?LOL I get that a lot too, people just look at you with the deer in the headlights look.

RkayD 11-18-2010 06:49 AM

I'm in the same boat...nobody gets it but they all love what I do.

PMY in QCA-IL 11-18-2010 06:57 AM

I wish I could take a break and SEW All DAY for at least a week. My non-quilting friends at least admire what I do for the most part and most ask to see my newest projects. DH sort of understands my sewing habit - he's a retired technical engineer and love to tinker with his own projects. I have a group of friends from our quilt guild that gets together for quilting and "quilt talk" at least once a month - they are great about constructive criticism and helping each other out.

litacats 11-18-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire

Originally Posted by Tinabodina
I understand - I just want a day off from everything except sewing.

Me, too.............

me me me me to to to to