Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   It is pouring rain again! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pouring-rain-again-t224588.html)

Jan in VA 06-26-2013 08:15 PM

Lots of rain here in central Virginia this year, too. It's so green and lush it feels like living in a rain forest. Unfortunately the higher afternoon temps we are now having create some pretty serious late day thunderstorms that are bringing high winds. Just today we've had power outages again, and trees down in the area. Many gardens look incredible and will produce much for their family freezers this summer, but others, like mine, have mildew on many plants.:rolleyes:

Beats living in Texas in the summer, though!!

Jan in VA

oksewglad 06-26-2013 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 (Post 6145854)
We could use some of that rain! We will get a hay crop this year - last year we didn't get anything. We've had a wetter spring than we've had for a long time but still no water in our little creek.

Our hay has just been washed by 11 inches of rain in the Friday through Monday. Hope to rake it tomorrow and maybe get it baled--will be really good stuff now, won't it?

Anniedeb 06-26-2013 08:40 PM

UGH!!!! Hate all this rain. Live in the Twin Cities, and since last Thursday it's been round after round of storms. Our power was out for 2 days, and we lost huge limbs off two trees. High humidity is making it miserable for those without power. At one point over 610,000 households were without power! Luckily we have a generator, but many people don't and suffered the loss of everything in fridge and freezer! Hoping for some nicer weather!!

mummyismean 06-27-2013 02:59 AM

Saw the topic and thought you were talking about Melbourne, Australia

Geri B 06-27-2013 04:01 AM

The earth is having a hiccup and we are witnessing it....it has been evolving for billions of years....wonder what the dinosaurs thought when they were witness to that hiccup

judi wess 06-27-2013 04:47 AM

I think we must be the Seattle of the east! We went from a 6" def. to a 11" surplus.

coopah 06-27-2013 04:54 AM

Seattle doesn't typically get downpours, but more of a mist type "rain." However, that's changing, too, as my son in Seattle area said it was raining so hard yesterday that he couldn't even get out of the work van. Maybe he wasn't enthused about that particular job. LOL We've had rain/thunder here in FL for the past month, which is usual for here during the summer months. However, what isn't so cool is that the TV was out for 3 hours last night. Ah well, more sewing time!

janjj 06-27-2013 05:13 AM

I have kept track of the amount of rain since May 16 19 inches. I see the sun today! My renter will not be planting my acres this year. supposed to be beans. couldn't even get into the fields at least there will be some income from insurance.
Lots of wind here many times, no hail for me tho. lots of branches down and so cleanup to do.
The sun is shining today! they say at least two days without rain. I live in north central Iowa 4 miles from the MN border.
Wish we could send others some of this rain.

Stitchit123 06-27-2013 05:30 AM

This is my 2nd summer living here but my brother has been here for 30 plus yrs and the last 7 summers were droughts but the weather people say that the rain this season has replenished the earth and we are ahead a couple inches. We have had some beautiful storms and showers. But none this past week and the gardens could use a couple hours of a nice steady rain about twice a week -and so could I.

Jingle 06-27-2013 05:39 AM

We have had lots of rain here too. Trying to make up for the last two years of drought.