Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Price of little star quilt stickers... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/price-little-star-quilt-stickers-t248267.html)

ljptexas 06-11-2014 05:11 AM

Price of little star quilt stickers...

Boy, was I ever in shock! Some of you whom I have swapped with have received a bookmark that I made. I had this little book full of Star Quilt Stickers (by Paula Nadelstern). I probably picked it up at a yard sale yrs age. So now its empty & I wanted to order another. Well --!!! found it on Amazon for GET READY FOR IT --- $339.00!! from England. Even on Ebay that price. Am I missing something or is it a type o?
Really, at my age, nothing should shock me - but this did! Other sticker books are under $2 but shipping would be more.

alleyoop1 06-11-2014 05:45 AM

That is outrageous! Not exactly sure what 'star quilt stickers' are but when I did a google search I found Hunters Star stickers for $4.49. Probably not the same thing.

Geri B 06-11-2014 07:51 AM

Wow...I looked also. Huh! Why! I went to Barnes & noble.....$242.00. Wonder why the price is so high........did you try Dover publications...there are cute bookmarks, stickers, things at REASONABLE prices.....

quiltstringz 06-11-2014 08:46 AM

Just like with anything when something goes out of print and there is a demand for it - they jack the price up to see what they can get. I was looking for an out of print quilting book once and did find it for hundreds of dollars - as you can imagine I realized I could live without it!!! The original book sold for less than $20.00

Jan in VA 06-11-2014 09:36 AM

Well, I found it at Alibris for around $134, but still!!!!! :shock:

Jan in VA

mary quilting 06-11-2014 12:12 PM

Are the made of gold?

ljptexas 06-12-2014 05:10 AM

Yeah, there are other "Quilt BLock Stickers" at reasonable $ but shipping would cost more than the book...

Originally Posted by ljptexas (Post 6754027)
Boy, was I ever in shock! Some of you whom I have swapped with have received a bookmark that I made. I had this little book full of Star Quilt Stickers (by Paula Nadelstern). I probably picked it up at a yard sale yrs age. So now its empty & I wanted to order another. Well --!!! found it on Amazon for GET READY FOR IT --- $339.00!! from England. Even on Ebay that price. Am I missing something or is it a type o?
Really, at my age, nothing should shock me - but this did! Other sticker books are under $2 but shipping would be more.

lindaschipper 06-12-2014 05:43 AM

Would someone please explain what these stickers are and what they are used for?

coopah 06-12-2014 06:39 AM

I just looked it up on Google and it seems like it's a Dover Publication book(let) with stickers in it that look like quilted stars. It would probably be more cost effective to go into Dover and see what's current. There book(lets) are not usually very expensive.

Ellageo 06-13-2014 03:12 AM

If you know how to use your computer & printer, you can make your own stickers! Just use the sticky back paper from staples, and there ya' go! try it!