Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Prince, the artist with the weird symbol (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/prince-artist-weird-symbol-t277950.html)

bearisgray 04-21-2016 01:02 PM

Prince, the artist with the weird symbol

Died today.

Tartan 04-21-2016 01:04 PM

I heard the news and so young.

ManiacQuilter2 04-21-2016 01:24 PM

Didn't surprise me. Most of those rock and rollers indulge into drugs heavily. May he rest in peace.

lynnie 04-21-2016 03:08 PM

may he rest in peace. I never cared for him.

NanaCsews2 04-21-2016 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7529557)
Didn't surprise me. Most of those rock and rollers indulge into drugs heavily. May he rest in peace.

But until an autopsy or truth comes out, no one can honestly say this is why he passed away.

Cotton Mama 04-21-2016 03:54 PM

Prince came to have a very strong faith, so I really don't think it was directly the result of drugs. He did, however, come from a very rough background and was wild in his youth (like most celebrities). He was an amazing genius: among other things, he wrote music when he was only seven years old, and I think he also knew how to write computer programming language. I really loved some of his music. He put a lot of heart into it.

Watson 04-21-2016 04:01 PM

I spent my 20's and 30's dancing to his music. I can remember when "1999" came out in about '86? and we all thought that was ridiculous....Like that was a lifetime away.

The man was a musical genius handsdown. Incredible showman.

Story I heard was that he had been admitted to the hospital a week ago with the flu and respiratory problems. We'll have to wait to see what he died from, but it's a true shame.

Between him and David Bowie the world has lost some amazing talent, lately and I sure don't see anyone on the radar to replace them.

Watson

Kimkankwilt 04-21-2016 04:20 PM

He supposedly didn't do drugs. He was quite a musical genius in that he could play any instrument. He played 27 instruments on his debut album. He also had a very long resume of other musicians he wrote for....too long to list here....google search it and you will be amazed at his accomplishments.

Sandygirl 04-21-2016 05:29 PM

he did not do drugs to my knowledge. Never read any dirt on him. He kept his private life private. Very inteligent, voracious reader, introverted, extremely talented, donated $12,000 to a library in desparate need of operating funds. Always helped others in the business. Much respected in the industry. Yes, I am a fan. Love ved his music. RIP ....gone too soon.

A little known Prince factoid. When Prince read that Louisville was going close the Western Branch Library ( which is the first full service library for African Americans in country) he wrote a $10,000 check to the Western Branch Library Association to support the library.

Note: that symbol was a protest to the record label who thought they owned the legal rights to the name Prince ( his given name, btw.) he won.
Sandy

zennia 04-21-2016 06:20 PM

Very sad. I like his music.