Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Project Runway Play Along Challenge #2! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/project-runway-play-along-challenge-2-a-t143061.html)

Scissor Queen 08-06-2011 07:38 AM

Get out your glue guns it’s time for the unconventional materials challenge!

Challenge – Pet Project
Use anything from a pet store to make your design. (If you have pet stuff at home you can use it rather than buy something.) You can use a base fabric like muslin to build your outfit on. Tim reminds us, “The judges do not repsond well to looks that come out of unconventional challenges that use a lot of fabric.”

Time Limit – You have 13 hours to create your design.

Accessories – Feel free to chose shoes and accessories from the Piperlime Accessory Wall to go with to go with your outfit.

Runway Day – Thursday, August 11th
Just a reminder only in progress photos should be posted to the Flickr group before Runway Day. Save the big reveal for next Thursday.

I have my glue gun!! I have to go buy kitty litter anyway monday so I'll see what's in the aisle at Walmart.

noahscats7 08-06-2011 09:16 AM

I'm glad that crappy project is behind us. LOL

Tink's Mom 08-06-2011 09:48 AM

I couldn't believe the outfits they came up with on the show...

I wish that I could play along with all of you...just don't have the spare time right now....
Have lots of fun everyone....

amma 08-06-2011 01:21 PM

I am waiting for the rerun... I missed it Thursday night :D:D:D

Will be waiting to see what you all come up with on here :D:D:D

Short an Sweet 08-11-2011 07:57 AM

pets huh? Let me see what I can do lol

Scissor Queen 08-11-2011 08:06 AM

I tossed my first effort and started over. Feathers are sooooo not a good idea!!

Short an Sweet 08-11-2011 08:49 AM

lol, hmm I have a halloween costume from one of my dogs that would make a great party dress? its a red satin and white with black dots fur trimmed kings cape, the crown is long gone but I did find the cape lol, so I take a pic of the item on the dog then show it after it's been resewn into a dress?

Short an Sweet 08-11-2011 10:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
k here is the dog item I decided to use, let me know when to post the finished outfit

this is my Dueces modeling my late Punkins Halloween costume (Dueces wont leave them on longer than a few minutes so I quit buying them for her lol)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240084[/ATTACH]

sorry the pics are so bad, couldnt find my camera so I used my cell phone
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240085[/ATTACH]

Scissor Queen 08-11-2011 10:34 AM

We should have our outfits done by this evening since the next challenge will start tomorrow.

I'm working on mine! I have the skirt figured out and need to figure out the top next.

Short an Sweet 08-11-2011 10:40 AM

k I will post the finished work tonight when I get home