Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Project Runway (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/project-runway-t147099.html)

BETTY62 08-22-2011 10:05 PM

I have not watched any of the the shows this season but I will in the future!

ywoodruff5 08-23-2011 03:59 AM

I, too, was shocked that she could be that good so quickly......then I had to remind myself about a local 16 year old girl.....in one year of learning to sew she made her first quilt - an original design - which not only won numerous awards, but was featured in the newspaper and a magazine! A creative genius!!!

Steady Stiching 08-23-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by noahscats7
Does anyone really think the oriental girl has only been sewing a couple of months? I think she will have the last laugh.

There is something fishy going on there. Its important for these reality "stars" to have "something" that makes them stand out...this is what she chose. I wish that she was not getting help from fellow contestants.

Also...the Asian young man who said he grew up in the USA from age 4 to 16. How is it he has such a heavy british/asian accent?

fayeberry 08-23-2011 10:08 AM

Not sure about her experience, but will say the judges this season are more catty than ever!

Meme2six 08-23-2011 10:19 AM

I'm really glad to have found this thread. I love Project Runway and did not realize a new one had started. I'll spend the next couple of days watching online so I'll be caught up.

katiebear1 08-23-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun

Originally Posted by alikat110
Not possible. Her construction is toooooo advanced

I'm finding it hard to believe as well.

Me too. And remember last week one of the other gals helped her finish it.

lfw045 08-23-2011 11:58 AM

What's the big deal about them helping each other......nothing wrong with it at all and it's not against the rules.

On the other hand she appears to have a natural talent for it so, yes it is possible for her to be that good that quickly.

ChaiQuilter 08-23-2011 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Steady Stiching

Originally Posted by noahscats7
Does anyone really think the oriental girl has only been sewing a couple of months? I think she will have the last laugh.

There is something fishy going on there. Its important for these reality "stars" to have "something" that makes them stand out...this is what she chose. I wish that she was not getting help from fellow contestants.

Also...the Asian young man who said he grew up in the USA from age 4 to 16. How is it he has such a heavy british/asian accent?

I thought the same thing. That accent is so "affected!"

adrianlee 08-23-2011 02:59 PM

I think it's a nice story, but I don't buy she has only been sewing in such a short time, but sells the show, viewers keep coming back to see how she is doing. I don't think the program is as good this year as last year's.

JulieR 08-23-2011 03:04 PM

You know, she says she is inexperienced, and the fact that she's getting help from others seems to support that. On the other hand, as we know plenty of contestants have gotten help from others over the years, and not all of them were inexperienced tailors. Sometimes they just ran out of time to do what they wanted.