Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Put on your big girl panties!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/put-your-big-girl-panties-t166060.html)

annthreecats 11-04-2011 11:31 PM

Big girl panties, indeed. It's all in the attitude. Change is hard, but where would we be without change. In the dark ages.

MissM 11-05-2011 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 4632041)
I agree Sunflower Girl, I wasn't thrilled with it to begin with. But, it doesn't seem as bright as it did on the initial change. And there seems to be some really nice features that are new. So, i'm still wading in and I am starting to like it. And, hopefully everyone else will also. :)

I just changed the background color to my liking and moved on. The rest is like my childhood..sort of like playing hide and seek...Tee Hee. Everyone will get over it in due time. It is just a fact that no one likes change. If you think about it when you first started on the old board you didn't know your way around that one either, but you learned.

cmg625 11-05-2011 04:20 AM

This is about the same response we got at work when we changed our computer program. Six years later we are still getting complaints! But the company and programers are listening and have made many improvements. It will happen here too, just need patience and to understand just because it is easier for you to have it one way does not mean that it is the best way for everyone and they have to consider what will work best for everyone in any changes that get made.

cpfrog 11-05-2011 05:21 AM

trying and venting and trying again

I some how found the mobile viewing (do not have a mobile phone) thanks to CINNYA and it's a bit simpler, but... then clicked on another "link" and got something about BACKS: link backs, pingbacks, etc. why can't we just go BACK? I'm still trying to explore the new format and still do not like it... waaaaaay too much info for a simple "message board" and very slow! (no, it's not my computer!)
Sewing a seam, quilting a top, sharing a recipe, posting a photo of our accomplishments or just venting is what we are about, right? Sharing on a simple message board is the goal, not to put a woman on Mars! I'm certainly not against technology, but sometimes we over-think our needs.

Thanks for hearing/reading me out. Venting is therapeutic. Have a wonderful weekend.
cpfrog

Kathy T. 11-05-2011 06:21 AM

I'm with you - I'm reading the tips and ignoring the rants. People are being helpful when they post how they succeeded in doing something and I thank them.

Like using the Archive button at the bottom of the main Board screen ... I like reading thru and seeing the most recent posts in the Pictures section all at one time and it's there.

zennia 11-05-2011 06:38 AM

Its not about learning. Its about having a nice friendly coffee shop to go to everyday and meet with old friends. Sometimes we just have to find a new comfortable home. Sadly it is not here anymore. I dont need to put on my big girl panties. It is this kind of talk that is upsetting. We are adults. Please treat us as such.