Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The Quilt Bug is back.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilt-bug-back-t209410.html)

carolaug 12-27-2012 03:27 PM

The Quilt Bug is back..

Now that Christmas is over...I have made 2 small baby quilts and just finished a lap quilt top. I will FMQ it tomorrow...I have not felt like sewing in 2 months...now I can't get enough of it...I even sewed together a bunch of 2 inch squares and made rice bags... Yah...I am finally in the mood once again ; )

MaryMo 12-27-2012 03:44 PM

so happy for you ... it's so hard when I get in a funk and can't do anything, including quilting

SouthPStitches 12-27-2012 03:47 PM

Funny you should start this thread. I can't get enough of quilting lately either, when I spent most of the fall wanting nothing to do with it. I pieced a queen size top in early December. Now I've made a large scrappy throw from the left over fabric. I'm busy hand quilting a baby quilt. Have the pattern and fabric all chosen to start a third quilt. Also found out a friend of mine is going to be a first time Grandma to twins, a boy and a girl in mid April What kind of a friend would I be not to make them both quilts?! Did I mention that Santa brought me 44 fat quarters and two new patterns for Christmas? If anyone is looking for me, I've taken a nose dive into my enormous stash and don't plan to come out before spring. I'll post pics as projects are completed.

Jingle 12-28-2012 06:11 AM

With all the fabrics I have, I hope I never get in a funk and don't want to make quilts. I just make one after another.
Glad you are making quilts again.

tulip43 12-28-2012 06:33 AM

Our nearly 13 yr old twin boys asked me to make them each another quilt for their birthday in March. Just for fun I asked what year. So, this was not on my to do list but will have to sneak them in. Felt good that they asked for another one. Don't know what pattern yet.

Abby'smom 12-28-2012 08:34 AM

:) congrats -- I wish the quilting bug would strike me again -- I need inspiration and such -- time to look at the pictures on QB!!

Stitchnripper 12-28-2012 09:01 AM

I sure hope it is catching because I am in a slump!!!

carolynjo 12-29-2012 06:37 AM

I haven't been able to quilt or even cut pieces for about 4 months. Happily, I am now able to sit for an hour or so and cut or sew so I am back in the saddle again too.

MimiBug123 12-29-2012 11:25 AM

Havng a cast on my right hand stinks, big time! I have all of these ideas swirling around and can't cut any of them out!

Caswews 12-29-2012 05:34 PM

In a quilting funk right now .. Can I blame it on the snow ? LOL been crocheting up a storm (only can crochet for 15 minutes then have to stop-carpal tunnel), so when I am on a respite from crocheting; I read about quilting. The Library knows me very well by now !LOL