Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilt stores in Indiana state (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilt-stores-indiana-state-t222552.html)

Southern124 05-29-2013 04:59 PM

Quilt stores in Indiana state

We are leaving from ottawa Ontario for a 2 weeks RV trip to explore Indiana. Any suggested quilt stops or great campgrounds in that area? Can't wait to head out!

Pam B 05-30-2013 07:05 AM

There are several in the Shipshewana area...that is in northern IN near the Michigan state line.

auntpiggylpn 05-30-2013 07:34 AM

My favorite quilt shop is Fabrics and Friends in Roanoke, IN. I'm in Ft Wayne and it is about a 20 minute drive for me. I don't bother with the quilt shop 10 minutes from me. Fabrics and Friends is an an old 4,000 sq ft home in the middle of a little town. Fabulous fabrics and wonderful staff. If you go there, let me know and I will come meet you (like I need any excuse to go there!)

Fabrics and Friends Quilt Shop
Directions

126 W 2nd St, Roanoke
(260) 676-2149

Mon-Fri 10am–5pm
Sat 10am–3pm
Sun Closed

QuiltingVagabond 05-30-2013 05:53 PM

If you want to check out any of the several shop near Indianapolis, one of our favorite campgrounds is White River Campground near Cicero ( northeast side of Indy) It is a county owned park and on the river, nice clean sites and pretty quiet too!
PM me if you want more info

KyKaren1949 05-31-2013 03:37 AM

Definitely Shipshewana-go to Lolly's in downtown and be sure to visit the second Lolly's in the basement. Then, on the outskirts, visit Yoder's, which is in a small shopping center with a grocery, hardware store and fabrics. You will find gorgeous fabrics and many knowledgeable people to help you. Then in South Bend, my very favorite is Erica's! She has a great store with wonderful assortments of fabrics, machines, gifts, etc.

Cookie68 05-31-2013 05:40 AM

I love Lolly's in Shipshewana and they have a campground there too that we stayed at. Also make sure you go to Yoder's while there. Northern IN has lots to see and do and a HUGE flea market kind of like the one at St. Jacob's in Ontario. I am sure you will enjoy it!

tessagin 05-31-2013 08:46 AM

I'm going to be in Ft. Wayne 6-5 thru 6-11 coming back on the 12th. Going to have to bookmark it and hopefully get a chance to run over there. My GD is graduating from Carroll on the 8th. Wish I had more time and money but I can look.

tessagin 05-31-2013 08:52 AM

I see all these places of which I'm familiar with. I miss Indiana a lot. We had a family reunion on the camp grounds at White River. It's beautiful.

yel 05-31-2013 02:41 PM

washington indiana ---stitching post ....there are some amish shops there too -----------------booneville merchatile on the court house square ....also lincoln state park good campground [campers tents and cabins ] -----pm me if you are getting this far south ....i can give you more places -----------...tess that is a great place .....just a little south of there ,,

Southern124 05-31-2013 04:08 PM

Thank you so much for the information, I will look all of these suggestions !!!!!