Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilters Club of America (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilters-club-america-t141787.html)

Cheri_J 08-01-2011 04:56 AM

Are any of you members? Is it worth $30 annual membership?

What do you like?

What don't you like?

I'm really torn and having a tough time deciding.

Thanks

michelehuston 08-01-2011 05:02 AM

I tried it, you get discounts at Joanns and I am pretty sure keepsake quilting. It's ok. Probably will not redo my membership as I enjoy this site more.

Cyn 08-01-2011 05:11 AM

I joined and never found any part of it that I wanted to use so I did not rejoin. This site helps me more than any other I have found!

DogHouseMom 08-01-2011 05:24 AM

I joined earlier this year prior to my Paducah trip. I had previously purchased a bunch of old AQS magazines at a quilt show really cheap, loved the magazine and figure the mag plus the discount entrance to Paducah was worth it. I didn't read well enough and found out the mag is only printed 4x a year. Major bummer. I haven't used any of the discounts .. frankly didn't know there were any at Joanne's or Keepsake. I only buy notions at Joanne's - but I DO buy notions at Joanne's, and I place occasional orders with Keepsake. I'll have to look at the benefits again next year before I renew.

I really do like the magazine. I buy quilting mag's not for patterns, but for new techniques and inspiration. So AQS and Quilting Arts are my two fav's.

HummerGardenCrafts 08-01-2011 05:24 AM

I'm glad to get this information too!

DebbieJJ 08-01-2011 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn
I joined and never found any part of it that I wanted to use so I did not rejoin. This site helps me more than any other I have found!

Ditto......what she said! I love this site (QB)! :mrgreen:

emmamarie 08-01-2011 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ

Originally Posted by Cyn

ditto no 2 emmamarie

feffertim 08-01-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by emmamarie

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ

Originally Posted by Cyn

ditto no 2 emmamarie

Ditto for me too

mltquilt 08-01-2011 06:54 AM

I am a member but haven't decided about renewing. Haven't really used it that much and the discount is only 10% at JoAnn's and has some stipulations attached.

mltquilt

Granny Quilter 08-01-2011 07:21 AM

I joined recently. The ad said I would receive $700.00 worth of quilting supplies. The only thing you receive is a $10.00 subscription to Fons& Porter's easy quilts, and a 10% off discount card for JoAnns, and offers for dicounted other things. I live 200 miles from Jo Anns and am too poor to order all the 40% off things, so I find it a rip off for me.