Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilting day disappointment :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilting-day-disappointment-t57010.html)

Pzazz 07-30-2010 12:08 PM

This Saturday was to be a quilting day with the gals from church. Unfortunately, summer happened, and we had to postpone. Since DH was expecting to be home alone anyway, I am going to have my personal retreat...at home. ;) I have a top close to being done, and had planned to work on that. It is a wall hanging to hang above our "garden table" at church. Since we are now getting some produce brought in on Sunday mornings, I need to hustle and get it finished!!!

Patti

beachlady 07-30-2010 12:31 PM

Be sure to post a picture.

sharon b 07-30-2010 02:26 PM

Not as much fun as the visiting and socializing but at least you can still spend the day being productive :thumbup:

Joanie2 07-30-2010 03:20 PM

Do you have space - dining room or whathaveyou that you can invite a few of them to have your own retreat but with friends? That's what I do. Once a month I invite 3 friends to come and play. They each bring a food item to share - actually they bring 99% of it. I provide the space and add a separate table for cutting and put up the ironing board. We have a wonderful time and look forward to it every month.

Jingle 07-30-2010 03:39 PM

I prefer to quilt at home and by myself, I get to easily distracted with others around. I'm a loner, when Hubby is home, I sew in my sewing room and he watches TV in living room, after working and riding to and from for 23 Yr.s, it is good to have some alone time. We have been married 48-1/2 Yr.s. We talk plenty all the other times.

Pzazz 07-30-2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
Do you have space - dining room or whathaveyou that you can invite a few of them to have your own retreat but with friends? That's what I do. Once a month I invite 3 friends to come and play. They each bring a food item to share - actually they bring 99% of it. I provide the space and add a separate table for cutting and put up the ironing board. We have a wonderful time and look forward to it every month.

joanie...this would be the gals I would invite to do just that!!! There are only 4 of us. We do try to meet at least once a month, and it usually works out for at least some of us to get together. It just happened that either work or family commitments got in the way this time.

Jingleberry...I also enjoy sewing alone. And I enjoy sewing with others occasionally for the companionship..and learning new ways of doing things.

My DH is very supportive, and won't hassle me about sewing instead of doing other things...like mowing some of the 2 1/2 acres we keep in lawn, or weeding in the veggie garden. He knows and appreciates that this is my de-stresser. Waaaay better than any drug I know of!!! ;)

Here's to a great w/end for us all. :D

Patti

littlehud 07-31-2010 07:24 PM

I like sewing alone. I turn up the Pandora radio on the computer and sing and sew. (When I sing it's better I'm alone :-D :-D ). I'm sorry your quilting day got disrupted. I'm sure it will be better next month.

Pzazz 07-31-2010 07:31 PM

The day ended up being pretty productive. I got some weeding done before it got too hot to be outside. Came in and finsihed the top for the garden table. (I'll take pix tomorrow.) I found enough produce related fabric squares to put together for a backing. And still managed to get some mowing done after supper before we got a big thunderstorm descend on us!!!

Tomorrow is supposed to be not such great weather, so maybe I will be able to at least get this sandwiched before the weekend is over. :)

Patti