Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilts as Personalities/People (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilts-personalities-people-t288810.html)

bearisgray 06-07-2017 11:38 AM

Quilts as Personalities/People

As I look at various quilts - I acknowledge the work that went into making every single one of them.

As I look at them, some of them remind of of certain personality types.

I admit, the following may be stereotypical, but play along -

Some make me think of the grandma that cuddled and comforted babies and toddlers and always had cookies in the cooky jar

Some make me think of an ice-princess - beautiful to look at - but not to be touched

Some of them look like they had a rough life - and are scarred and worn

Please add your impressions - the odds are I will think of more as the day goes on! :rolleyes: :)

redstilettos 06-07-2017 12:35 PM

Some are prissy and only attractive to a certain type of person

Some are masculine looking to me and make me think only a "real man" would enjoy it

Some remind me of a whimsical time in my childhood and make me want to remember all the warm memories.

gramajo 06-07-2017 04:17 PM

Bright and colorful.

Anniedeb 06-07-2017 04:48 PM

Some are outrageous, over the top, loud and wonderful. Some have the ability to make me feel inferior...as in I could never ever accomplish or do that. Some have that welcoming open armed feeling that makes one feel safe and sound. Some have that awe inspiring feeling that I look at and think wow...just wow!

Jan in VA 06-07-2017 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 7839141)
Some are prissy and only attractive to a certain type of person.....

Perfect description! Also, old-fashioned and set in their ways sometimes.

Jan in VA

Wonnie 06-08-2017 05:58 AM

Those with crisp white as a background no matter if design itself is in bright or soft or dark colors and with only a simple binding says to me, "Today I want you to lay me on a grassy spot in the park, read a book and fall into a peaseful slumber." or on a different day might say, "Today, lay me on a table top and dress me with simple, white dinnerware." or maybe, "It's a cool, breezy evening. Wrap me around you as you sit on the glider and enjoy the sunset and night sounds."

bearisgray 06-08-2017 06:37 AM

The loud and brashy ones - notice me! notice me!

Wanabee Quiltin 06-08-2017 07:33 AM

Yes, some said "I'm here to comfort you", especially my vintage quilts. The newer more outrageous quilts say "Look at me, look at me".

lynnie 06-08-2017 01:19 PM

i love the big bold colorful quilts. bright pastels on white, crisp lines and full of fun

madamekelly 06-08-2017 01:32 PM

All quilts to me are fabric hugs. Somebody, somewhere, cared enough to do all that work, so to me they represent a lasting hug. Silly, Sappy, and sentimental, that is me. My quilts are "hugs" I can leave behind when I am gone.