Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

Diana Lynne 01-25-2012 11:46 AM

We are in the 70's here with lots of sunshine :)..If I did not know better..I would say spring has sprung here..Lets just hope my flowers and trees do not get confused..Diana

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4909808)
Don't tell me it's nice enough out to sit on the porch! I am soooo jealous!

mscupid804 01-25-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4909673)
You weren't supposed to know it was from me!!!! But ... enjoy!

Well gee Krystyna, next time don't put your address label on it#1.... and #2 there is always the PO stamp that shows where it's from! :D

Moedeenie 01-25-2012 12:06 PM

I received my first RAK today, too! Words cannot express my delight in receiving the New York Beauty Quilt Books that arrived in today's mail from Krystyna. As I noted in my Thank You PM to her, I have been in a winter quilting slump lately, ...but not anymore! This is the inspiration I needed! Thank you so very much Krystyna! I sincerely appreciate your Random Act of Kindness!

p.s. I will keep my eyes open for cloth tape measures and I will begin gathering our clothing tags for you (My DH hates those little tags on the back of his shirts!)

~ And I also have Scraps galore so look forward to receiving the list of those wanting scraps!

Diana Lynne 01-25-2012 12:13 PM

Do not have any old cloth tape measures but I sure do have a LOT of tags that I can send :thumbup:..Diana

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4908836)
RAKSTERS - I have a little request. If any of you have old cloth tape measures laying around, I would love to have them. I've been scouring estate sales in the hopes of finding enough to make a little purse!
Also, before you throw out or donate old clothing, can you please snip out the tags in back? Working on a crazy quilt with those, too.
Tooooooo many projects!

Krystyna 01-25-2012 12:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a very tardy posting of photos of special RAKs I received.

Love them! Thank you!

Krystyna 01-25-2012 12:19 PM

Modeenie, I hope you have fun with it. The process is so incredibly easy that even *I* can do it!

brenda21 01-25-2012 12:19 PM

For you all that want scraps, are we talking crumbs too? I just through everything into a big basket don't really sort it out by size....

brenda21 01-25-2012 12:23 PM

you will all have to post pics of what you're making with scraps and Krystyna can't wait to see the little tape measure purse..sounds very cute!!

mscupid804 01-25-2012 12:30 PM

Here's a note I'm throwing at all RAKer's.....if you are tearing your clothes apart for parts, I would love to have the buttons off of them as I collect buttons. That is, if you want to get rid of them I'll be happy to give them a new home!:thumbup:

Krystyna 01-25-2012 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 4909964)
you will all have to post pics of what you're making with scraps and Krystyna can't wait to see the little tape measure purse..sounds very cute!!

Yeah, if I get enough, maybe I'll wear it to the wedding! And if I get enough tags, I'll make a lovely shawl.