Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

grammyj 12-21-2012 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5731996)
I just had to share this with you. I don't know if I have permission to say who it was, but one of our wonderful QB members drove down from ... well, a state that is north of here ... and brought me a Janome Memory Craft 6500 Professional Sewing Machine. It is a machine made in heaven -- and so is this warm and wonderful woman and the friend who came along with her. They also brought boxes of other goodies that I really, really need - rulers, all sorts of cutting tools, thread, fabric and so much more -- and a zillion quilting magazines -- which I really miss since all of my quilting magazines and books were lost in the mud. They wouldn't even let me take them out to lunch! The women on this board are the most kind hearted, loving and generous people I could ever imagine -- and I am so incredibly touched. I do hope she lets me identify her. She is a wonderful angel. Oh! And to top everything off, I showed her two quilt tops I rescued from the muck and she took them with her to quilt on her long arm! How insanely wonderful is that? I may not have a house anymore, but God has blessed me with wonderful friends.

You will love that machine ,I have that model it's a workhorse. God is good !!! :) And friends are Wonderful !!!

Krystyna 12-21-2012 09:11 AM

Yes, my friends are wonderful. I now have new friends I never knew I would have and they are the most enormous blessing.

greenini 12-21-2012 09:29 AM

Di, so sorry to hear about your mom.

K, glad to hear you're a bit closer to getting back on your feet. I know a machine and some supplies will help you to a closer normal.
Hugs to you both,
Jo

Vanogay 12-21-2012 02:54 PM

K, you are a special person and these quilting friends did for you what one good friend will do for another. Not many states North of you. Now, let's get the whip cracking and start sewing up a storm!! LOL Did you put church together yet? Would love to see a picture of it when it's done.

starshine 12-29-2012 10:15 AM

Di, sorry to hear of your loss, prayers for you and your family.
Glad you have some good new Krystyna. Furniture sounds like a big comfort, and what a nice gift of machine and supplies. Sounds like a perfect machine for you too.

wanda lou 12-29-2012 10:20 AM

K so happy for you.

I have really missed you.

lauriejo 02-19-2013 02:41 PM

Gosh it's been a long time since anyone posted here. Are people still sending out RAK squishies? I sent a couple out in the past few days, although not to people on the old list. oldpiglady lost everything in a fire so I sent her a little squishy, and just sent out a surprise to someone I had as a swap partner before. Found some fabric at GW I thought she would like.

Vanogay 02-19-2013 03:38 PM

I was wondering the same thing Lauriejo. Haven't had anyone post in a long while. I haven't sent any RAKs though in about a month, so guess I should go through the list and pick someone to ge tsomething special. Anyone up for a package?

Krystyna 02-19-2013 03:42 PM

I was just thinking about RAKs, too! Great minds ... blah, blah, blah ...

Ladybug 1938 02-19-2013 04:01 PM

I have a few things sitting there for RAK's Just have been really sick for the past 3 weeks..off and one...just no energy... May try to get a few oth next week...