Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

Quilty-Louise 01-29-2012 11:29 AM

Mary,

NO!

THANK YOU ALL for helping ME to be a better person!
I have always liked doing what I could for other people
(until they take advantage of my kind hardheartedness, than I get mad).

But it wasn't until I started quilting and found the network of
wonderful internet quilting friends to help me "expand" my
generosity with others.

Also like what was said its great to know that IF I happen to have
something that I know someone else needs and I don't well heck
send it to them!

And believe me I have a lot of stuff I DON'T need, but I wanted it
at the time when I bought it and somethings I have never used or
I tried them and didn't much care for how it worked, or turned out.

Originally Posted by mmb195152 (Post 4921855)
Hi QL: I think that any information that you add to the RAK list is wonderful, because that helps all of us be a better community of helpers. It is helpful to have things all in one place too. Then I can think, who wanted what? , and it is right there.

Thanks for all you do to help each of us be better persons Louise. mary

Quilty-Louise 01-29-2012 11:31 AM

Teresa, I did my FIRST DQ in November and really enjoyed
it, there was NO swap for December, and than did my second
in January.

I am signed up for February too I enjoy doing them because
they can be fairly easy to do unless you get super detailed, like
I seen some do; but are they beautiful when done.

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 4921879)
BOTH of course Louise!:D Oh and I just signed up to do the doll swap for Feb, what the heck, I'll give it a try!

mooretll 01-29-2012 01:40 PM

Thanks for all the compliments on the dress. I am doing a craft show in April and hope to sell some. i have raks going out next week. oh where are they going hummmm.

walk-n-roll 01-29-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by mooretll (Post 4922635)
Thanks for all the compliments on the dress. I am doing a craft show in April and hope to sell some. i have raks going out next week. oh where are they going hummmm.

I will have to look but I am not sure I have any with pictures that would work for you. I will definitely keep my eyes open when I am at thrift shops though.

mooretll 01-29-2012 02:21 PM

Thanks, I pick some up at yard sales and clearance racks.

wanda lou 01-29-2012 02:36 PM

OK
I am saving Tshirts for Mooretll ( Any Size)
And clothing tags For Krystyna. Who did I miss?

Buttons..... need i say more, love them and try to use them when possible just to embellish.
I have a couple of RAK's going out this week.

mscupid804 01-29-2012 03:59 PM

[QUOTEButtons..... need i say more, love them and try to use them when possible just to embellish.
I have a couple of RAK's going out this week.[/QUOTE]

:(
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

thomp116 01-29-2012 04:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple pictures of the RAK's I received this week. One is a pile of scraps from Krystyna, and the other is a bunch of cross-stitch goodies from Teresa (mscupid). Thanks so much, ladies!
The last picture is a combination camping, I Spy, ok for the animals to sleep on quilt made with bits and pieces.

Ladybug 1938 01-29-2012 04:19 PM

Kris

Love you bed for your kitty, that is to cute, why not make me one too...LOL I'll start saving my scraps for you... Your kitty looks very comfy... I do need a bed in my quilt room for Pixie.. She sleeps in different places at different times of the day and likes to come and be with me in the Quilt room.. I have a couple RAK's to send out this week...

thomp116 01-29-2012 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 4923177)
Kris

Love you bed for your kitty, that is to cute, why not make me one too...LOL I'll start saving my scraps for you... Your kitty looks very comfy... I do need a bed in my quilt room for Pixie.. She sleeps in different places at different times of the day and likes to come and be with me in the Quilt room.. I have a couple RAK's to send out this week...

Thanks, Rosemary. That is actually the quilt on my bed. I have five cats, and there are usually at least three on the bed at any given time.