Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

Jan Rutherford 03-19-2012 09:18 PM

A BIG THANK YOU to Crafttyk ( Kristin). I was VERY surprised to receive a RAK today in the mail. It was so appreciated , as Mondays seem to be not the best day of the week for many of us! she sent 4 fun sewing patterns, several quilters magnets, and reeses chocolate YUMMMY! I did share the chocolate with th hubby also! That made my day!!! :-)

mscupid804 03-20-2012 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5074941)
robyn i know that i had a miniture set of postcards from niagra falls around here somewhere but when i was cleaning out the desk drawers where they had been for years, i could not find them. i am really doing some de-cluttering, uh i mean spring cleaning as i am really trying to clear up some space and share all of my "findings" with you all. i found another handful of conference do-dads today to share. if i find those mini postcards, they will be coming your way.

hey i did find some skull pencils and i believe someone in this rak group collects skull stuff. i have some skull pencils waiting for a place in your home.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321190[/ATTACH]

I have something with skulls as well so whoever you are that likes skulls, speak up!

mscupid804 03-20-2012 07:58 AM

QUESTION TO OVERSEAS QUILTERS: What seems to be the most expensive thing over where you are that we here in the USA can get cheaper for you that you want/need??

Gigi07 03-20-2012 08:12 AM

I received an RAK yesterday! Was like a kid trying to open. Thank you very much walk-n-roll! I love the purple fabrics, quilt lables and postcard. Also, the candy was very good!! Thank you!!

LindaC 03-20-2012 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5075865)
QUESTION TO OVERSEAS QUILTERS: What seems to be the most expensive thing over where you are that we here in the USA can get cheaper for you that you want/need??

Hi Teresa
everything here for quilting is dearer here than in the USA and a lot of things you can get we just can't get here. It's only in the last two years or so that we can get freezer paper but we still have to order it from the UK. Fabric seems to be a lot cheaper on your side than here. Any new small type gadgets or rulers are a lot dearer here and take a lot longer before you find a shop that stocks them

walk-n-roll 03-20-2012 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Gigi07 (Post 5075904)
I received an RAK yesterday! Was like a kid trying to open. Thank you very much walk-n-roll! I love the purple fabrics, quilt lables and postcard. Also, the candy was very good!! Thank you!!

You are very welcome. Enjoy!

mscupid804 03-20-2012 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by LindaC (Post 5076058)
Hi Teresa
everything here for quilting is dearer here than in the USA and a lot of things you can get we just can't get here. It's only in the last two years or so that we can get freezer paper but we still have to order it from the UK. Fabric seems to be a lot cheaper on your side than here. Any new small type gadgets or rulers are a lot dearer here and take a lot longer before you find a shop that stocks them

Well Linda, what would you like to have that we have? Pretty much anything or is there something you'd kill to have (metaphorically speaking of course)? I'm curious because we here in the US seem to take a lot for granted that you all in other countries don't have. Do you all have 45mm blades???

cherrio 03-20-2012 09:25 AM

where do you get an address t send a RAK? I hada few fom a recent BOOM SWAP but not sure if I kept them.

Havplenty 03-20-2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by LindaC (Post 5076058)
..... It's only in the last two years or so that we can get freezer paper but we still have to order it from the UK.

linda are you using the freezer paper for foundation piecing or something else? if it is for paper piecing there are so many other options like telephone book pages, kids school note paper, some use newspaper, used dryer sheets, inexpensive muslin. there are so many recyclable options for foundation paper. plus we can buy small boxes of wax paper here at the dollar store to send.

linda is there something in particular that you are looking for?

Havplenty 03-20-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio (Post 5076090)
where do you get an address t send a RAK? I hada few fom a recent BOOM SWAP but not sure if I kept them.

contact quilty-louise as she is the keeper/originator of the rak list.