Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   in re: to Knitting & Crochet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/re-knitting-crochet-t114513.html)

quiltingsavta 04-09-2011 04:57 AM

I crochet, but not knit....isn't if funny how most of us can only do one or the other? I guess it's a personal choice. My daughter is a self taught knitter and her stuff is just incredible. She never liked to crochet although I tried many times to teach her. Funny...

maryb119 04-09-2011 05:09 AM

I do both and enjoy both. Its relaxing for me to have something in my hands.

janmwalker 04-09-2011 05:15 AM

I am also the opposite. Have been crocheting since age 7 and we won't say how long ago that was! LOL

Midwestmary 04-09-2011 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
I do both and enjoy both. Its relaxing for me to have something in my hands.

Me too. Although since taking up quilting my I now have several knitting ufo's!

Joanieu 04-09-2011 05:24 AM

I crochet - I did knit a large aghan (spelling???) when I was in the 9th grade (many, many moons ago) lol - can not remember how to knit but I love crocheting. It is something I do when I want a no brainer to work on. Very relaxing but so is hand quilting to me.

AlwaysQuilting 04-09-2011 05:29 AM

I learned to crochet (taught myself from a book) when I was pregnant with my first daughter 1,000 years ago.
Finally taught myself to knit Continental style 30yrs ago when I realized there was more than one way to knit. All the books at the time and every knitter I knew was using the English style which I could never master.
But I have to say crocheting is my fave.

dreamer2009 04-09-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Joanieu
I crochet - I did knit a large aghan (spelling???) when I was in the 9th grade (many, many moons ago) lol - can not remember how to knit but I love crocheting. It is something I do when I want a no brainer to work on. Very relaxing but so is hand quilting to me.

one of these days I will find a method of crochet that my brain will understand...would love to do babie hats.

redbug 04-09-2011 07:35 AM

quilt,knit crochet,cross stitch, never learned to tat, my mother did and I am sorry I didn't learn, yes I can do these while I'm not at the sewing machine Boy am I healthy for such an old gal redbug

Nolee 04-09-2011 08:16 AM

I have taught crochet classes in our school districts evening education classes for over 30 years and boy, you can bet it is true that it heals the heart. I had more than one student who was in great depression sent to me by a doctor just because it is so healing. I had one who was suicidal and after 8 weeks, she told me, "This has SAVED my life!!" What more in life could I ask for??

P.S. I have only had two students who never came back.

dreamer2009 04-09-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee
I have taught crochet classes in our school districts evening education classes for over 30 years and boy, you can bet it is true that it heals the heart. I had more than one student who was in great depression sent to me by a doctor just because it is so healing. I had one who was suicidal and after 8 weeks, she told me, "This has SAVED my life!!" What more in life could I ask for??

P.S. I have only had two students who never came back.

what a wonderful thing to hear...wish you lived closer so I could learn.