Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   read a good book lately? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/read-good-book-lately-t123602.html)

KwiltyKahy 05-17-2011 01:44 PM

THis is a great thread.. I read Alice's Tulips several years ago and enjoyed it alot. Need to bookmark this so I can check out these authors.
I always have 2 or 3 books going and love mysteries. ANd don't forget the Elm Creek Quilter's series.
Has anyone read the new Jean Auel yet?

KwiltyKahy 05-17-2011 01:46 PM

My experience has been that the movie is seldom as good as the book.

Originally Posted by Minnisewta
I read Water for Elephants. It was very good, some sad parts. I saw the movie after I read the book and the movie was not as good. They changed things and left parts out.

MOBRIDGE MOM 05-17-2011 01:48 PM

Okay.........I'm into a totally different style of books than you guys.

Like onthriver just finished the new JD Robb and also just read the newest Nora Roberts Fire Chaser and enjoyed both of them. Am also into a couple of different vampire series by JR Ward and Lara Adrian. Guess I just like the low brow stuff.

MellieKQuilter 05-17-2011 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy
THis is a great thread.. I read Alice's Tulips several years ago and enjoyed it alot. Need to bookmark this so I can check out these authors.
I always have 2 or 3 books going and love mysteries. ANd don't forget the Elm Creek Quilter's series.

I LOVED Jean Auel's series... But I read it about 15 years ago! I was so excited to see the new book out, but read the reviews and they were awful. I am afraid it will be a waste of time and money. :-(

lynnsv 05-17-2011 01:53 PM

just finished 'Major Pettigrew's Last Stand'; slow at first but worth seeing it to the end. Now I'm reading Steve Berry's laatest "the Jefferson Key'

yonnikka 05-17-2011 01:56 PM

The Tenth Insight by James Redfield, follow-up to the Celestine Prophecy, now I'm beginning The Celestine Vision.

MOBRIDGE MOM 05-17-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by MOBRIDGE MOM
Okay.........I'm into a totally different style of books than you guys.

Like onthriver just finished the new JD Robb and also just read the newest Nora Roberts Fire Chaser and enjoyed both of them. Am also into a couple of different vampire series by JR Ward and Lara Adrian. Guess I just like the low brow stuff.

Oh and another is CJ Box's Joe Pickett Series - Murder-Mysteries.

patimint 05-17-2011 02:55 PM

I just finished "PULSE". Can't remember the author, it is a suspense, myster. REALLY good, just when you think you have it all figured out, there is a new twist to the story. Had a hard time putting it down. Am also re-reading John Grisham books. Just as good as the first time.

KwiltyKahy 05-17-2011 03:03 PM

Bummer, I have been looking forward to this one for years. I thought I would go to the library and see if it is available.

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy

I LOVED Jean Auel's series... But I read it about 15 years ago! I was so excited to see the new book out, but read the reviews and they were awful. I am afraid it will be a waste of time and money. :-(

nab 05-17-2011 03:11 PM

I just finished Nora Roberts' THE Search; very good.