Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Remember Motts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/remember-motts-t48771.html)

Lisa 06-07-2010 06:16 PM

I was thinking about going to Hobby Lobby to get paint tips for my Elmer's glue to try binding the way Sharon Schambler does. I don't live close to HL and I was wishing there was a little craft store in this po-dunk town when the thought of Motts drifted to my mind. I remember being a kid and saving my money to go shop at Motts. I use to buy my mom and dad their Christmas gifts there and every summer before leaving for vacation I would have my mom take me to Motts and I would buy me a pair of sunglasses and a black and red plastic wallet to keep the rest of my money in. I don't know how many of those wallets I bought, but I always bought the same one....feeling old now.

oatw13 06-07-2010 06:47 PM

Motts? lol

I thought you meant the apple juice! It must be a regional store.

As for your glue tips, I just use the tip that is on the bottle at the smallest opening. You can get a pretty fine line if you practice. But, I do wash everything, though, so I am not super worried if the glue is a little thicker than I would like since it washes out.

amma 06-07-2010 06:52 PM

We didn't have a Mott's but another that sounds very similar :D:D:D
We used to buy sunglasses and other cheap toys there 8-)

thequilterslink 06-07-2010 06:58 PM

we didn't have Motts but we had a 5 & 10, it is where i use to get my paper dolls and my christmas presents for Mom, evening in paris perfume. what a nice memory, thanks for bringing it up

CarrieAnne 06-07-2010 07:00 PM

We had a Woolworths and a Ben Franklin...I know there are still BF's around, but any Woolworths?

craftybear 06-07-2010 07:01 PM

we had Ben Franklin stores

roseOfsharon 06-07-2010 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by oatw13
Motts? lol

I thought you meant the apple juice! It must be a regional store.

As for your glue tips, I just use the tip that is on the bottle at the smallest opening. You can get a pretty fine line if you practice. But, I do wash everything, though, so I am not super worried if the glue is a little thicker than I would like since it washes out.

LOL , that was what I thought of too!

Lisa 06-07-2010 07:19 PM

As for your glue tips, I just use the tip that is on the bottle at the smallest opening. You can get a pretty fine line if you practice. But, I do wash everything, though, so I am not super worried if the glue is a little thicker than I would like since it washes out.[/quote]

Thanks for the glue info.

Quilter7x 06-07-2010 07:22 PM

We had Mott's, but it was a Shop Rite grocery store chain. I don't remember if they carried sunglasses or change purses. They've been gone for many years now.

Good luck with your binding.

Gramof6 06-07-2010 07:22 PM

LOL I thought to myself "Yes I still buy Mott's Applesauce." LOL Sorry I have never heard of the Store.