Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Remember when you got free dishes with vacuum cleaner? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/remember-when-you-got-free-dishes-vacuum-cleaner-t163487.html)

CircleSquare 10-26-2011 02:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Can you remember when you got free dishes with a Rainbow Vacuum cleaner? I have a set from 1963 or 1965. Cathedral of Bavaria - Pattern: Prestige. Even came with silver rimmed crystal wine glasses! Wonder if these are worth anything now??

QuiltingGrannie 10-26-2011 02:34 PM

A quick google and I found the cup and saucer on eBay for $15.00

bluteddi 10-26-2011 02:36 PM

I dont remermber the dishes with vacums.. but I remember drinking glasses in every box of oatmeal..

not of this quality tho.....

gramajo 10-26-2011 02:39 PM

I remember deer glasses from Clark Gas stations. My ex had a bunch when we got married.

Scakes 10-26-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
I dont remermber the dishes with vacums.. but I remember drinking glasses in every box of oatmeal..

not of this quality tho.....

I remember the dishes in the oatmeal. And there was some brand of detergent that put dishes inside the boxes.

Neither was as pretty as the dishes that came with the vacuum. :lol:

S D G 10-26-2011 02:46 PM

I remember china with gas at standard oil back in the 60's. WOW we all are telling our age. SHHH I won't tell if you won't. LOL

deemail 10-26-2011 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Scakes

Originally Posted by bluteddi
I dont remermber the dishes with vacums.. but I remember drinking glasses in every box of oatmeal..not of this quality tho.....

I remember the dishes in the oatmeal. And there was some brand of detergent that put dishes inside the boxes. Neither was as pretty as the dishes that came with the vacuum. :lol:

I have 2 cups (children's size, official hot chocolate cups in my house), that came in Mother's Oats (Quaker in different parts of the country)...and the green dishes that came in the Rinse detergent boxes were the same pattern sold at Newberry's dime stores and are prized now because Martha has made them popular again.... ps...Rinse (now having second thoughts....is it Rinso?) also had tea towels, wash cloths, hand towels, and the thinnest, smallest bath towels you could imagine, in different size boxes...you could pick which size you wanted but the color was up for grabs! my mom loved the give aways...we had the colored aluminum glasses that came with cottage cheese in them too...

QuiltnNan 10-26-2011 02:51 PM

those are pretty

donnajean 10-26-2011 02:51 PM

My china set came from my bank back in the 60's.

hobbykat1955 10-26-2011 03:03 PM

I remember my Grandmother collecting "Green Stamps" from the Grocery Store...And when you had a certain no. you got to cash them in on something.
My husband brought steak knives with him that were given out at the gas station. I remember Dino the Dinosaur soap that was given out by the gas station...I wasn't driving at that time but remember using it in the tub as a kid.
OH and I remember free stuff from the Bank for opening a Christmas Club.