Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The rest of my Mom's day goodies. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rest-my-moms-day-goodies-t189522.html)

Chasing Hawk 05-20-2012 11:56 AM

The rest of my Mom's day goodies.

2 Attachment(s)
My husband took me to Hancock's yesterday and told me to shop till
my Visa card cries Uncle. :)

I let it up a little early though ($80.00 later. I do after all have some mercy. ......lol

Several shades of Gray fabric, for a Take 5 quilt and a little extra for inspiration. All off the Gray's are really nice Quilting fabric on sale for $3.00 a yard. And the green Batik's were on the clearance table for $3.59 a yard. I also got a pack of Wonder clips. I am tired of getting stabbed by my pins when I hand-sew the binding. Being on Coumadin now I don't want to bleed to death on my work...LOL.... I snagged two spools of gray thread and a Binding tool.

I am still getting my shoes I want maybe next week. :)

QuiltingJaguar 05-20-2012 12:06 PM

What a sweetheart of a hubby you have. I am sure if my husband was still alive he would do the same. Don't you just want to hug his neck LOL So I take my self online and shop, knowing I am the one who picks up the bills, stop soonest. LOL Have great time..

Grandma Bonnie 05-20-2012 12:54 PM

Very nice MD gifts from your hubby ~ you got to pick out exactly what you wanted and you did good!

decky 05-20-2012 02:33 PM

I would say you are one lucky mom. My husband didn't even wish me a happy mom's day.

Chasing Hawk 05-20-2012 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by decky (Post 5230684)
I would say you are one lucky mom. My husband didn't even wish me a happy mom's day.

((((hugs)))))) Happy Mom's Day

coopah 05-21-2012 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by decky (Post 5230684)

Just remember that on Father's Day and that "what goes around, comes around." I do know how you feel. This is the first year my son remembered that he has a mother!

jkretz 05-21-2012 12:41 PM

I love your purchases. The grays are nice, but I love the greens, especially the leaf patterned one. As far as Mother's Day went, this was my daughter-in-law's first Mother's Day. It was both good and not-so-good for her. First Mother's Day with our darling granddaughter, but she still misses her own mother who passed away several years ago. We tried to make her day easier, but I know that she still missed her mother, especially since the baby is named after her mother.

jkretz

Grandma Peg 05-21-2012 12:44 PM

Very pretty fabrics.

Jammin' Jane 05-21-2012 01:21 PM

Lucky you!!! :)

quiltntoday 05-21-2012 03:31 PM

What a nice hubby you have. I don't think your card was quite crying "uncle" yet. Maybe you should do some more damage! LOL