Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Retreat "welcome" package (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/retreat-welcome-package-t244862.html)

love 2 sew 04-09-2014 09:19 AM

Retreat "welcome" package

I'm looking for ideas to include in our retreat "welcome" package that are cute, inexpensive and don't take much time to put together.
So far I have a bandaid & candy bar. I'm also throwing in one of those neck cooler things cuz one or more of us have hot flashes.
Thank you,
Joan

Tartan 04-09-2014 09:26 AM

How about a blue water fat quarter in the sealed water bottle idea? You carefully remove the label from a water bottle. Use an exacto knife to puncture the bottle where the label will go. Drain out the water and cut all the way around the bottle. Leave it to dry well. Put the water fat quarter in the bottle, connect the bottle with clear package tape and reapply the label over the slit.

love 2 sew 04-09-2014 11:03 AM

I forgot to mention that there will be 25 of us.
Thanks

Billi 04-09-2014 11:24 AM

How about a small square of chocolate like Ghiradelli
instead of putting the goodies in a bag put them in a very small bucket or tin from the .99 store that can be used for threads or pins for traveling. Or if you can get a deal on small seam rippers, or small tape measures.

Jan in VA 04-09-2014 03:15 PM

At our Dollar Tree they sell these small round (about 5 inches) rubbery drawer-liners-material thingies that are sold 4 to the pack for helping to open jars. I find them on the kitchen implement wall.

They are perfect machine-side mats for me to place my scissors/seam ripper/awl on while I sew. They won't roll or slip away from me. Great for a retreat treat. :)

Try the Dollar store for other cute ideas. :)

Jan in VA

lauriejo 04-09-2014 03:27 PM

What about scissor lanyards, they are fairly cheap at Oriental Trading or the party store. You can also make a tool necklace from those cheap bead necklaces and a big safety pin or loop of ribbon.

zennia 04-10-2014 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6667450)
How about a blue water fat quarter in the sealed water bottle idea? You carefully remove the label from a water bottle. Use an exacto knife to puncture the bottle where the label will go. Drain out the water and cut all the way around the bottle. Leave it to dry well. Put the water fat quarter in the bottle, connect the bottle with clear package tape and reapply the label over the slit.

Great idea

Sandygirl 04-10-2014 03:14 AM

Individually wrapped Eyeglass wipes. You can buy them by the box at Walmart in their prescription eyeglass dept at the front of the store. I clean my glasses daily and then i wipe down my Ipad and Iphone. Indispensable! I carry them in my car, purse, suitcase, etc.

Sandy

Jackie Spencer 04-10-2014 04:38 AM

Purse size kleenex, I never have one when I need it!

cjr 04-10-2014 09:20 AM

Purse size tissue holders with tissues in them. Fast & easy to make. Always welcome