Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Rocky the flying squirrel (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rocky-flying-squirrel-t86931.html)

Cheryl 01-01-2011 09:59 PM

I just had to tell you about my past couple of days. There was a squirrel in our fireplace and I tried to get it out but it kept going up in the chimmney but wouldn't go all the way up. 2 days gone by still there well tonight I got one of my extra parrots cage and put it over there. Put some food in and waited well he got in the cage I pulled the door shut and tried locking it called my friend (in the Kit) she ran out and put the clip on . LOW AND BEHOLD . Rocky got out . ran thru the house . Jumped on our friend Melissa who was sleeping didn't even wake up. the dogs ran after it and it jumped on her again ran in the room dogs chasing in the other room then the cat got into it,chased it over by the birds around and around also the dogs were chasing the cat at the same time then we got it in the kitchen . closed it off . It went up and down the walls,counters, and just missed my head. LOL then it went under the stove and out I finally got it back in the same cage made sure it was locked good. But he made sure he would eat a peanut or two before I let him loose. Boy what a night. never laughed so much and no video.

sewwhat85 01-01-2011 10:01 PM

lol

Grammy o'5 01-01-2011 10:01 PM

How funny! With all that excitement, no one had time to take a video! LOL! Thanks for sharing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rhonda 01-01-2011 10:04 PM

Too bad your friend wasn't awake and taking a video! LOL I would have loved seeing that one!! You could have put it on Youtube!! LOL

Glad you got him out safely! Noone got bit or anything. Sometimes those squirrels can be very cheeky!

Bet your dogs and cat had a good time! LOL

Cheryl 01-01-2011 10:06 PM

I'm surprised that he still had all that energy in him after being in there those days. I just wished I had a video. I told my son when he came home tonight and he couldn't stop laughing. So I named myself the Proffessional Squirrell Catcher. :)

kristen0112 01-01-2011 10:09 PM

OMG that is funny. Too bad you didn't have a video camera going that could have won you some money LOL.

nycbgirl 01-01-2011 11:13 PM

I'm laughing out loud!

iowabelle 01-01-2011 11:47 PM

It almost sounds like an action movie!
Isn't there a TV show about these brothers that come to your home to capture undesirable animals? Maybe they could have managed it a little better--but it makes a great story!

raptureready 01-02-2011 04:49 AM

Now that's one hilarious story!

Midwestmary 01-02-2011 05:57 AM

Thanks for sharing - great story - you have an exciting household! Imagine what that little squirrel told his buddies when he got back to the nest.....!