Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Romantic acts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/romantic-acts-t225006.html)

Painiacs 07-03-2013 10:38 AM

when we were dating my hubby rode his bike 6 miles to leave flowers in my door and waited around the corner until I came home from work to see my response1 Evidently it was good we just celebrated 30 yrs!!

blueheavenfla 07-03-2013 11:37 AM

My tears are flowing. You have more than one great love in your life. While your husband was unable to show his love on that special day, your very loving grandson did. In many ways, you are a well loved woman!

Originally Posted by Kimcatlou (Post 6157320)
My husband is very ill in a nursing home and suffers from dementia as well as other problems. Our 60th anniversary was last week, but he hardly knew it. I continue to love him very much although this is a very difficult time. So; our 31-year old grandson brought me flowers and out to dinner on our anniversary.

lynnie 07-03-2013 11:44 AM

such nice stories. keep them coming.
I believe the simple acts are great.
that's what made me think of Andrew and the purple snow.
I bet he's a winner still, too bad I moved in 6th grade.
it broke my heart to leave him when I was 12 in 6th grade.
he had it out with my ex-boyfriend and broke his leg.
the purple snow was such a good memory

Elise1 07-03-2013 12:35 PM

Dh drives me two and a half hours each way to the Madison quilt show each September. He golfs while I enjoy the show. I really don't enjoy driving, so it means a lot to me.

DJinSC 07-03-2013 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kimcatlou (Post 6157320)
My husband is very ill in a nursing home and suffers from dementia as well as other problems. Our 60th anniversary was last week, but he hardly knew it. I continue to love him very much although this is a very difficult time. So; our 31-year old grandson brought me flowers and out to dinner on our anniversary.

That is the kindest, sweetest thing I've heard in a long time. You are very blessed to have such a grandson!

Helen6869 07-03-2013 01:26 PM

On our fiftieth anniversary two years ago my husband surprised me with a beautiful diamond solitaire engagement ring just like the one he had given me 51 years before and I had lost about 12 years later. For my birthday that year he gave me a matching diamond encrusted wedding band to replace the plain one I had worn for 50 years. Since then he has taken me to quilt shows (even attending some with me), taken me on "little honeymoons", trips, and built me a beautiful screened-in porch. I think I'll keep him! ps love reading these stories.

IBQUILTIN 07-03-2013 01:47 PM

My DH would do anything at all for me. Of course, he would have to make it seem to be his idea, but I never wanted for a thing as long as we were married

mrsjdt 07-03-2013 06:17 PM

My DH loved my from the age of 15-----until he went to fly with eagles at 67.

Chasing Hawk 07-03-2013 07:10 PM

Well let's see........My husband is so guilty of the following random romantic acts.......

Spontaneous date nights
Surprise shopping sprees
Let's me sleep in
Enables me in my fabric jones's
Makes me laugh on a daily basis
Doesn't mind my long stays in the land of Skyrim battling Dragons
Brings me something to drink in the middle of the night if I am thirsty

And best of all .......He loves me as I am......flaws and all :)

captlynhall 07-03-2013 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by DebbE (Post 6156483)
My DH brings me my pills in the morning and evening (with water), he cooks dinner for me most every night (I work later hours), does the laundry (including folding and putting it away), cleans house (not needed often as its just the 2 of us now), empties the d/w and fills it, and picks up things at the store we're low on, does the yards and pays the bills, and keeps track of our paperwork -- plus a million other things on a daily basis. That to me is romantic, as we've been married for over 39 years now...I'll go for practical romance any day!

If you ever get tired of him, send him my way! :)