Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Rude awakening! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rude-awakening-t30564.html)

crkathleen 11-30-2009 08:17 AM

My car got vandalized last night. Hubby saw the person ripping off the side mirror of a car and called 911.(He saw him out the window) The guy went out of his sight and went to another car did the same thing, then apparently to our car! He also ripped off the windshield wipers on another vehicle. I spoke with her and she knew who did it. I described what the person looked like to her and she knew exactly who it was. Hopefully hubby will be able to point him out because we will press charges!

Quilt Mom 11-30-2009 08:38 AM

I hope you can get satisfaction on this. How terrible! It makes me angry that some people feel they can do this type of thing and get away with it.

sdparent 11-30-2009 08:41 AM

Sorry to hear about your car. We had our house broken into in January and there has been no arrest at all on our break-in I hope they get who vandalized your car.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 11-30-2009 09:28 AM

Ugh, that freakin' sucks!!!
Someone vandalized my brother's car a few weeks ago, they keyed his hood and wrote all kinds of garbage into his hood, scratching the paint and everything... like, who does that?!

I hope the get the jerk who's done this to you :(

I've never had my own car vandalized, some idiot ran into my car in the parking lot at work on Saturday, I realize it was probably an accident, but I went into work swearing a blue streak, I can't imagine someone doing that on purpose.

Moonpi 11-30-2009 09:44 AM

Ouch! They are not cheap to replace. The hookers in NYC used to break them off to check their makeup - one of the reasons I would never drive in the city.

To go from car to car like that just indicates misplaced rage. If it ever gets to conviction, they'll probably just have to do anger management classes. Good luck.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 11-30-2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Ouch! They are not cheap to replace. The hookers in NYC used to break them off to check their makeup - one of the reasons I would never drive in the city.

To go from car to car like that just indicates misplaced rage. If it ever gets to conviction, they'll probably just have to do anger management classes. Good luck.

OMG, really? Wouldn't it make more sense to just carry a small poket mirror, the ones that come with a foundation compact...

I don't think I would drive in New York city either.

ctquilter 11-30-2009 11:10 AM

That's really infuriating!!!

If the police arrest the person that did this can you take them to small claims court and sue them for the cost of fixing your car? Maybe if they're held accountable where it really hurts, in the wallet, they will actually think twice about doing this again, at least doing it to you again! :evil: :evil:

(I'm replying as I'm watching People's Court on TV)

amma 11-30-2009 12:45 PM

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you and your neighbors!!! Too often the vandals to not have jobs, so trying to get money out of them is like trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip. Atleast there is a good chance of him doing some jail time!!!

crkathleen 11-30-2009 01:19 PM

Thanks everyone!
Our deductable is $500! Looks like we will be riding around without a mirror! Hubby is handy. Hopefully he will be able to replace. We have power mirrors so it might be a bit more tricky.

amma 11-30-2009 01:20 PM

Is it the mirror on the driver's side? If so, that could mean a ticket.... in our state the passenger side is required only if you can't see out of your rear mirror.