Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   safe sender list .....HELP ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/safe-sender-list-help-t108790.html)

Up North 03-18-2011 08:37 PM

I haven't gotten this so not sure what it means yet!

patricej 03-18-2011 11:02 PM

they will soon move our board's software to a new server. contact information and the email address they use to send board digests and newsletters will change.

since they know those two things are important to a lot of members, they sent advance notice. their hope is that the change will be seamless and not disrupt your supply of digests and newsletters.

TaliaRose 03-21-2011 10:34 AM

Hi All,

We are switching our email provider, which will hopefully fix the issue of some people being blocked from receiving the newsletter.

To continue receiving your newsletter without interruption, it might help if you add this new email address, [email protected], to your safe senders list in your email account.

A safe senders list is like your address book of approved email addresses that you've allowed to send you email.

We do not expect your newsletter delivery to be interrupted while we make the transition to a new email provider, however it will definitely help if you take the following steps and add the new email address to your list of contacts or address book in your email account.

1. Open your email account (example: AOL, Gmail, Yahoo! or Outlook).
2. Locate your “address book” or “contacts”.
3. Add [email protected] to your address book or list of contacts.
4. Save your changes.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

dreamer2009 03-21-2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I think if you put the new email address in your contacts list (aka safe sender list) then the news letter will be put in your inbox and not the spam box.

cj
is that on QB
or in our personal email site.
I didn't get a message anything was going to change.
Am confused now for sure.

cjomomma 03-21-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

I think if you put the new email address in your contacts list (aka safe sender list) then the news letter will be put in your inbox and not the spam box.

cj
is that on QB

In your personal email account. There was a message sent out in one of the regular news letters.

dreamer2009 03-21-2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

cj
is that on QB

In your personal email account. There was a message sent out in one of the regular news letters.

ok...followed TaliaRose instructions
Thanks cj :)