Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Santa -- wrapped or unwrapped? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/santa-wrapped-unwrapped-t83552.html)

bjnicholson 12-17-2010 05:50 PM

All wrapped, but "someone" could find the booty, unwrap them and then wrap them back up again before without anyone knowing it. I'm not sayin' who... :roll:

Qbee 12-17-2010 05:51 PM

Isn't this funny...how everyone does it so different. At our house they were NOT wrapped and great effort was put in to the hiding of the boxes, etc. I mean toys made by the elves did come in boxes you know! We would all have a little "area" left by Santa. There would be 3 little spots; one for each of us with our toy or two from Santa and a stocking filled with nuts, fruit, candy and maybe a little surprise. Such fun memories! :D

Up North 12-17-2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
All wrapped, but "someone" could find the booty, unwrap them and then wrap them back up again before without anyone knowing it. I'm not sayin' who... :roll:

We did that until the year mom noticed the tape had been moved and changed what was in those boxes mine was supposed to be a tape recorder there was a sweater and in my brothers BB gun box was a pair of pants.

morelcabin 12-17-2010 05:56 PM

What my parents did was leave one gift unwrapped, but wrapped the rest. That way, when we got up early we were allowed to play with the one gift until they decided to get out of bed (which was never far behind us) and then we had the Christmas story read and unwrapped the rest of our gifts.

renee765 12-17-2010 05:58 PM

When my three were little, Santa left unwrapped presents. It was too hard for me to make sure that any wrapping paper Santa might have used would be hidden, or they would want to know why we had Santa's paper.

hperttula123 12-17-2010 06:09 PM

lol...sounds very familiar. All our stuff was wrapped, but we used to cut the tape and peek and see what was in the boxes and tape it back up. It was fun!!!

Tink's Mom 12-17-2010 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by hperttula123

lol...sounds very familiar. All our stuff was wrapped, but we used to cut the tape and peek and see what was in the boxes and tape it back up. It was fun!!!

LOL...Same thing happened at out house! I fixed them when the oldest was 19. I got 2 huge boxes from work and rigged them so that I could hang the leather jackets they were getting from the top. I put scrap lumber and a couple of bricks on the bottom so that it had some weight. wrapped it up and used packing tape instead of wimpy tape. Then used stretch wrap around the boxes. I put the boxes near the tree and watched as my sons and friends went crazy trying to figure out what they were getting. BTW they loved the jackets.

RatherB Quilting 12-17-2010 06:43 PM

I am so looking forward to next year starting some of these traditions with my family. This year my daughter isn't quite two...so she really doesn't show much interest in the whole thing. We decided not to go overboard with gifts and stockings. Next year however...can't wait!!!

Maride 12-17-2010 06:50 PM

When I was a little girl we went to my grandma's house for Christmas. She lived across the street. All the presents were wrapped. We didn't get anything at home that day. On January 6th, Epiphany day, we got presents at my parents house, all unwrapped. I couldn't even get near the gifts because they were left under my parents bed. We left a box with grass for the camel under their bed the night before. I still do it with my kids, but they leave clippings from the Christmas tree since grass in NY is not easy to find in the winter. We used to go back to school on the 7th until I was about 10, when a law was passed to start school a week after Epiphany Day so the kids could enjoy the gifts. No gift exchange, nothing for the adults, just toys for the small kids.

Quiltforme 12-17-2010 06:52 PM

I always wrapped the gifts so that each child had thier own wrapping paper in order to figure out who got what htey had to open their stockings. I just found out that my middle daughter LOVES that I wrap everything in her stocking she said it made her feel special knowning the time it went into the wrapping. I heard on the radio that one of the jockeys is wrapping up their daughters (16 months old) old toys they said why buy new she doesn't care. I wish I had thought of that!!