Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Saw some photo opts today... got the camera...here they are...leaves and a rainbow... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/saw-some-photo-opts-today-got-camera-here-they-leaves-rainbow-t27980.html)

butterflywing 11-01-2009 12:42 PM

i love your photos, Karla. do you show professionally?

do you spell your name with a K or a C?

barnbum 11-01-2009 04:18 PM

butterflywing--no, I don't show. My principal keeps trying to talk me into doing something, but I told him I'd have to quit my day job to find time. :wink: I do wish I could do something... calendars are too expensive to make--they'd cost a buyer way too much. Notecards would be reasonable, but not to ship anywhere.... so, I just share them with all of you.

I did have a business at least 15 years ago...I had the idea to take pictures of kids in their home so parents wouldn't have to drag them out. I did several senior portraits--all the kids came here because we had some good backgrounds. I only did it around Christmas time and only for a few years, and it was enough to pay for Christmas...but it was very limited--I would never have done a wedding--nothing I couldn't redo. I didn't have enough experience or confidence.

I'm with a K! :wink:

butterflywing 11-02-2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
butterflywing--no, I don't show. My principal keeps trying to talk me into doing something, but I told him I'd have to quit my day job to find time. :wink: I do wish I could do something... calendars are too expensive to make--they'd cost a buyer way too much. Notecards would be reasonable, but not to ship anywhere.... so, I just share them with all of you.

I did have a business at least 15 years ago...I had the idea to take pictures of kids in their home so parents wouldn't have to drag them out. I did several senior portraits--all the kids came here because we had some good backgrounds. I only did it around Christmas time and only for a few years, and it was enough to pay for Christmas...but it was very limited--I would never have done a wedding--nothing I couldn't redo. I didn't have enough experience or confidence.

I'm with a K! :wink:

i know you're in a tourist area (well,somewhat) so i was actually thinking of art photos of nature. they could go into a gallery nearby, maybe.

Shemjo 11-02-2009 02:11 PM

Thank you so much for your beautiful photos! You capture nature so well!

fluffbug95 11-02-2009 02:12 PM

Lovely! I love the pictures!! :)

zyxquilts 11-02-2009 09:05 PM

Oooooooohhhhh! :D

k3n 11-03-2009 03:41 AM

Beautiful Karla, as always. I'm now singing 'Some-wheeere, over the raaaiiiinbow, wayyy uppp highghgh!' Luck for you, you can't hear me! :shock: :lol:

Chele 11-03-2009 04:03 AM

Love the bokeh effect on the second leaf photo. Nice!

gaigai 11-04-2009 07:33 AM

Oh, I love the fir tree and the rainbow! More great pix from Karla! Thank you my dear, you always brighten my day!

Quilt4u 11-05-2009 03:07 AM

Beautiful.