Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   is this a scam (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/scam-t110215.html)

Lynneander 03-24-2011 06:55 AM

I just got that e-mail this morning ... deleted it right away.

Ramona Byrd 03-24-2011 09:30 AM

What to do is to contact the company, ONLY when you can google the address or take it from a phone book.

NEVER EVER click on what they send you. I just got an email sternly informing me that my bank account had been hacked, and they were waiting for me to confirm +++my account number and password so they could delete the charges against it. +++++++

I went online and found the bank's fraud address and forwarded it to them. Rec an automated answer saying thanks, they will take care of it.

Judiw 03-24-2011 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by cmagee84
YES!!! Big scam. I get at least 5 emails a day for stuff like that. I have been tempted to change my email, but I have had the same one since I started email back in 1988! So I just hit delete, delete, delete....

I have that problem now and then and I hit the Norton Anti Virus button and call it spam...and have it blocked. It works for a while. So many crooks out there, they should get a real job.
Judi

Sallyflymi 03-25-2011 03:31 AM

My rule is if i don't know who is sending i don't open. When i order something it comes to regular account not the spam account.

grannypat7925 03-25-2011 06:32 AM

Definitely a scam. There has been a warning about these types of e-mail for a while.

Lisanne 03-25-2011 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
darn't now my brain is malfunctioning and I can't remember there name its the delivery service Brown trucks

I had to laugh at this, because I've heard other people do exactly the same thing! They don't remember it's UPS, they just know it's "that Brown company" as one guy put it when he was talking to me. I don't watch much TV, so I hadn't seen the ads and didn't know what people were talking about at first. LOL, I think maybe their ad campaign was a little too successful, as people know recognize the brown more than the company name.

Quiltbeagle 03-25-2011 07:01 AM

I get them too, and just delete them because they're scams. You can read about them on the UPS website.

Mom of eight 03-25-2011 07:09 AM

I got one the other day it was the first I ever got. deleted it because I did not order anything.REALLY SCARY

Nolee 03-25-2011 07:16 AM

I would say, unless they tell you who it is coming from, like "Your package from Fabric.com cannot be shippped" and you KNOW you ordered from them, I'd wipe it out. LOL, see how I assume all packages to us are fabric, LOL.

quiltingaz 03-25-2011 07:17 AM

I got the same type of mail a few months ago from USPS and now from UPS. They all come to my spam folder. Really, do they think that UPS has our e-mail address? THis is not how they do business. It is a virus.